Interesting and inspiring photos from Flickr....

• RMweb Gold
5 hours ago, Steven B said:

I wish my scenic modelling was good enough to replicate this:

40152 Knutsford Road Latchford

(terry eyres on Flickr)

"40152 climbing towards the high level bridge across the Manchester Ship Canal at Knutsford Road Latchford with 6E95 20.04 Arpley -Harwich PQ ( Whitemoor ) Speedlink"

Steven B

I was just about to send the link to that picture to my current trainee as he lives near there then I noticed the name and realised it was taken by his dad! 

• Like 3
  • Funny 1

• RMweb Gold
19 hours ago, Steven B said:

I wish my scenic modelling was good enough to replicate this:

40152 Knutsford Road Latchford

(terry eyres on Flickr)

"40152 climbing towards the high level bridge across the Manchester Ship Canal at Knutsford Road Latchford with 6E95 20.04 Arpley -Harwich PQ ( Whitemoor ) Speedlink"

Steven B

Lovely image, that. Looks like a brand new Italian ferry wagon behind the loco. 

• Agree 1

15 hours ago, montyburns56 said:

"Loughborough Midland crane working on new connection to Brush works when Class 60s were being built June 89" by David Ford

w Loughborough Midland crane working on new connection to Brush works when Class 60s were being built June 89 J10022

The train is Ok but I am loving those buildings behind. All the added bits and bobs over the years make it look so interesting.

• Agree 3

• RMweb Gold
On 17/04/2024 at 18:49, montyburns56 said:

"Loughborough Midland crane working on new connection to Brush works when Class 60s were being built June 89" by David Ford

w Loughborough Midland crane working on new connection to Brush works when Class 60s were being built June 89 J10022

It's one of my photos, it's a delight to see it here.  The building is fascinating as bits have been added over the years.  

Mum used to work for Brush almost 80 years ago, she did a maths degree during the war and then worked for Brush as a steam turbine designer, specifically investigating the issue of metal fatigue which could cause blades to break and wreck the turbine.

She said that even back then the buildings were a bit of a mix of old and new with bits added just as they were needed and ad hoc alterations made.

David 

• Like 8
  • Interesting/Thought-provoking 2
  • Friendly/supportive 1

7 minutes ago, montyburns56 said:

Bold Colliery, on the Friday before the Rocket 150 cavalcades. 23 May 1980 by Nigel Menzies

752 & 6201, Bold Colliery

I bet the NCB shunter driver at Bold couldn't believe his luck when he came on shift and was presented with all kinds of steam traction to do his HAA marshalling with 😄

Edited by woodenhead