White painted concrete: Any suggestions?

I've built a card/mounting board structure which needs to look like white painted concrete as in this bridge in Cheam (https://tinyurl.com/2x54t7km).

However I'm pretty hopeless at painting and weathering and have no idea how to achieve the subtle slightly textured effect of the surface and the lightly weathered "in reasonably good nick but not painted yesterday" look.  Any suggestions (ideally suitable for a total painting numpty) would be appreciated. 

Thanks   

Edited by DY444

2 hours ago, Enterprisingwestern said:

I use chalk paint for similar scenarios.

Mike.

Thanks. 

Can't say I've ever heard of it.  Is there any particular brand/type that works best?  A link would be very helpful if you'd be so kind.

Edited by DY444

1 hour ago, DY444 said:

Thanks. 

Can't say I've ever heard of it.  Is there any particular brand/type that works best?  A link would be very helpful if you'd be so kind.

Chalk paint is often marketed for use on old furniture - the current buzzword is "shabby chic".

Wilkos or similar will sell tins of it. 

• Thanks 1

31 minutes ago, F-UnitMad said:

Chalk paint is often marketed for use on old furniture - the current buzzword is "shabby chic".

Wilkos or similar will sell tins of it. 

Thanks - saw the Wilko stuff.  I'll give it a go.

Hi

I recently made a small office building for my clubs layout and finished in painted render seen in photo.

for that I used silver sand sprinkled on to PVA coated card and painted with what ever colour artist acrylic you want. The Works Acrylic is a good price.

For a realy smooth finish you can glue fine sandpaper on to the card and paint.

cheers

Bob

20200310_212005.jpg.f558f2e5a76bb3fd418f5f702c837eff.jpg

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1