British N Gauge Railway Modelling (issue No.4)

grahame

On 01/07/2021 at 12:26, pirouets said:

I don't model in n gauge anymore but liked the front cover so much thought i would get a copy. Good news is you can do guest checkout on ebay which i did not realise was an option till just now as i quit ebay some time back.

I didn't realise you'd given up on N gauge, but thanks for buying a copy and I hope you enjoy it. Perhaps it might even help tempt you back.

Hi Grahame,

Are there any more available? I just checked on Ebay (UK) and couldn't find anything. I was hoping to get one delivered for my daughter to bring back to the US for me.

Thanks,

John P

• RMweb Gold
21 hours ago, grahame said:

I didn't realise you'd given up on N gauge

Eyesight and fat fingers were the ultimate decision and in truth I think I am managing to achieve a better level of modelling by going up a scale but it doesn't mean I don't miss the sight of a full length freight train creeping through the landscape. My kids both have small n gauge layouts still though so it hasn't left the building.

• RMweb Premium
1 hour ago, pirouets said:

Eyesight and fat fingers were the ultimate decision

I have problems with both now, but using strong glasses and fine tweezers I am still able to keep going for now.

• Friendly/supportive 1

On 04/07/2021 at 14:09, Ian Morgan said:

I have problems with both now, but using strong glasses and fine tweezers I am still able to keep going for now.

Yep, I also found that larger scales didn't make my fat fingers any thinner and that the size of the smallest parts are the same as the smallest parts in the smaller scales - just that there's a lot more of them in the larger scales. But as you say I tend to use tools for manipulating and holding parts rather than fingers, although care is necessary to stop them pinging off in to the distance. 

I'm also lucky in being very myopic that I can simply hold the models very close to me eyes without glasses for clear vision - which is a lot easier with smaller and lighter models.

But each to their own and what they find best. Stay safe and carry on modelling.

• Like 1
  • Friendly/supportive 1

8 hours ago, Royal42 said:

I am enjoying the magazine very much,  any plans for another edition?

Thanks. I'm pleased people have enjoyed it. The eBay feedback has been particularly complimentary and welcome.

Unfortunately I've no plans for another edition, although never say never. But currently nothing in hand or anything considered.

Edited by grahame

Perhaps another edition when London  Bridge is finished? This is something I wish more people did, almost like a return to the days of zines - only today with modellers producing their own publications showcasing their work. Imagine how popular a while zine dedicated to Copenhagen Fields would be…

David 

• 3 months later...

I've a few unsold copies of the magazine (that I was hoping to get sold at TINGS by traders) so I've listed some on eBay should anyone still be interested and would like to purchase a copy:

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/124990882804?hash=item1d1a0983f4:g:Ky8AAOSwWu9hhi67

Edited by grahame
  • Like 1

Thanks. Glad you like it, but I've no plans for another issue. Far too much effort in all the packing, posting and ebay admin.

I understand that you can now order and check out on eBay as a guest (without having to register).

• Informative/Useful 1

• 3 weeks later...

Although I've no plans for another issue of 'British N Gauge Railway Modelling' (the subject of this thread) the next nearest is probably the current issue #98 of DEMUs UPDate magazine. It's an issue that I've put together and edited as a one off (to help get it back on track) and that means it includes a fair bit of N gauge and a number of articles that I've penned. You do need to be a member to get a copy.

Also recently I've been contributing a number of articles to the quarterly 'N Gauge Now' magazine, the next issue #28, which is due very soon. That is a wholly N gauge and N scale publication.

Additionally, perhaps worth noting, is that the last few issues of BNGRM (my mag) are still available on eBay. Once gone, that's it. I've no plans for any reprints.

Edited by grahame
  • Like 1
  • Informative/Useful 1

• 4 months later...

Many people have asked about, or requested a second/further issue of, my ‘British N Gauge Railway Modelling’ magazine that was published in 2021. Although initially I did not intend to produce another issue, due to the continuing covid pandemic over the last twelve months enforcing more isolation at home, I’ve found time to put together a supplementary one-off ‘scrap book’ style edition. But, hopefully, this will be the last issue, at least for a number of years.

By ‘scrap book’ style it is meant a pared down version with fewer pages and a mix of shorter, less formal articles, some concerning projects from the past, others newer, and with an emphasis on wagon kit assembly and building construction. And, with it having fewer pages, it is cheaper than the first issue although, unfortunately, post and packing costs have risen a little since last year. Nonetheless I hope that you enjoy it, consider it worthwhile, and find interest, inspiration and helpful advice in the contents.

• A4 size and format
  • 44 pages
  • Full colour throughout
  • No advertisements
  • Inspirational photographs
  • Modelling projects
  • ‘How to’ articles
  • Hints and tips
  • Exclusively N/2mm scale/gauge content

It has a limited print run and will only be sold, in small batches, through eBay. Don’t panic if you miss out on a batch, there will be more to follow – it’s just that I need to spread out the workload. But first I need to order a supply of jiffy bags. Please also note that it is not a commercial for profit project and is priced to cover costs if sufficient are sold.

1892477410_Issue2-coverred.jpg.c03e3382b900d9c5643cbd9d9e9e4eb8.jpg

Edited by grahame
  • Like 17

• grahame changed the title to New N Gauge Magazine (issue #2)

The second batch has completely been sold now. To find them when available just type 'N gauge magazine' in the eBay search for anything box. I'm hoping to get the second batch posted tomorrow and will then put another batch up for sale, although those won't be able to be posted until Monday (next week).

HTH.

• Agree 1