"Vintage Miniature Models" - Traction Engines, Sailing Barges etc

justin1985

I'd been meaning to get around to ordering some of the resin kits sold by "Vintage Miniature Models" - there was a really nice 3D printed traction engine in N that they had produced in collaboration with Peedie Models, as well as some recently launched sailing barges, including a very promising looking kit for a steel Thames barge, which featured in the N Gauge Society Journal quite recently. 

However their website now just says "Page not found". The traction engine doesn't seem to feature on the Peedie Models new website either (I seem to remember it was on their old one, and it is used as a category image!). Google does seem to have cached the mobile version of their website: https://webcache.googleusercontent.com/search?q=cache:7oqs1Xx9VF0J:https://www.vintageminiaturemodels.co.uk/road-vehicles-bt-models/4592512754+&cd=13&hl=en&ct=clnk&gl=uk&client=safari 

Does anyone know if something has happened to this company/range? 

14 minutes ago, justin1985 said:

Does anyone know if something has happened to this company/range? 

Graham Eason (the man behind this company) is a 2mm Scale Association member (and a fellow NEAG member) but I've not heard anything from him since the start of the first lockdown last March. Have you tried emailing him at the address on the cached website? IIRC the website/company name has changed a couple of times over the years (Vintage Transport in Miniature, etc.).

Andy

20 minutes ago, 2mm Andy said:

Graham Eason (the man behind this company) is a 2mm Scale Association member (and a fellow NEAG member) but I've not heard anything from him since the start of the first lockdown last March. Have you tried emailing him at the address on the cached website? IIRC the website/company name has changed a couple of times over the years (Vintage Transport in Miniature, etc.).

Andy

Thanks for the background, Andy. I did drop a message to the address quoted there today, but as the page is stamped last updated Feb 2020, I thought it might be worth asking if there might have been any news I might have missed.

Actually, now I've noticed there is a Peedie Models credit at the bottom of the cached Vintage page, and if Peedie themselves recently got a new website (looks very flash now!) that might explain the website disappearing, if it had been hosted as part of their old one ... maybe.

Hi Justin,

I was flicking through the May 2021 BRM magazine and happened to notice that Vintage Miniature Models have an ad (on page 110). Contact details seem to be the same as on the cached website, but at least it confirms that they were still trading at the time the magazine was put together. Anyway, hopefully you'll get a reply to your email.

Andy