Royal train lining

Hi all .I'm looking for a lining set suitable for the Royal train - the 80s version. I understand Hurst have gone, and they seemed to be the only ones. Is there a twin red lining pack from any other source, even if not marketed as the Royal train? I know Railtec do commisions, but Steve is kinda busy and this is a project thats sat on my bench for a loooong time. Thanks

Hiya Marcyg, is it literally just the double lining you need? Looks pretty straight-forward if so. Just trying to gauge if it's pure red, or more of an orange/red? The white balance on various images I have of the rake are all over the place!

• RMweb Premium

Here’s an image of the current day Royal Train. Looks like a slightly lighter red, not quite a pink red but definitely not a Red/Orange. 

DFC81A79-D630-4E82-98AD-0DAD96FD5783.jpeg

Edited by Hilux5972
  • Thanks 1

On 09/06/2021 at 11:58, railtec-models said:

Hiya Marcyg, is it literally just the double lining you need? Looks pretty straight-forward if so. Just trying to gauge if it's pure red, or more of an orange/red? The white balance on various images I have of the rake are all over the place!

Hi sorry I haven’t replied until now. Is this something you could produce? I’m sure there are royal crests on her majesty’s coach, unsure about the others right now. Would you need authority to produce them?

• RMweb Premium
On 16/06/2021 at 19:33, Michael Hodgson said:

And shouldn't it fly the Royal Standard when she's in residence?

Don’t be ridiculous. Would exceed the loading gauge :jester:Even the Royal Train has to comply with that haha

• 3 weeks later...

In response to the original request, a pack for the Royal Train lining is now available:

4mm-1099

https://www.railtec-models.com/showitem.php?id=4566

Took more than you might think to get the right shade of colour, the very fine alignment spot on and the entire thing looking right in scale. Hopefully worth it!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• 3 weeks later...
On 13/07/2021 at 19:51, railtec-models said:

In response to the original request, a pack for the Royal Train lining is now available:

4mm-1099

https://www.railtec-models.com/showitem.php?id=4566

Took more than you might think to get the right shade of colour, the very fine alignment spot on and the entire thing looking right in scale. Hopefully worth it!

Ive ordered a set. May need another though as i have a full 6 car set.