The HAA and extended MGR family, CDA and MHA in OO/4mm, by Accurascale

• RMweb Gold

"Careful consideration has been given to respect another project commissioned by two retail partners unbeknownst to us in order to avoid duplication of liveries on particular variants where possible. However, these liveries will follow quite quickly in a future production run from us. "

My respect for the Accurascale team just continues to grow and grow. 

Steve

• Like 5
  • Agree 9
  • Thanks 1

• RMweb Gold
3 minutes ago, 55020 said:

"Careful consideration has been given to respect another project commissioned by two retail partners unbeknownst to us in order to avoid duplication of liveries on particular variants where possible. However, these liveries will follow quite quickly in a future production run from us. "

My respect for the Accurascale team just continues to grow and grow. 

Steve

Which retailers is that? Have I missed an announcement?

• Like 1

• RMweb Gold
1 minute ago, JohnR said:

Which retailers is that? Have I missed an announcement?

Copied form the KMS Railtech website :

"KMS Railtech are excited to be launch partners of Cavalex Models’ All New HAA (including variants) along with Trains4U. These wagons will be at home on so many layouts and we’re delighted that we can be involved in the launch of a brand new tooling up to today’s standards. 

Cavalex Models’ BBA has been received to much praise and we’re now more excited than ever to see the release of these Coal Hoppers! We are also very pleased that, along with Trains4U, we are able to offer a full rake of Hoppers with different running numbers!"

Announced Sept 2020

Steve

• Like 1

• RMweb Gold

So now we have the Calvelex model (available in late 80s to about 1992 ECC branding) or in DB

or Accurascale (Post 2000 EWS or DB) but still nothing covering the 1991 - early 2000s blue with no ECC branding from either of them, which is a little disappointing.  That said I am still tempted to get the paint out.  @Accurascale Fran how difficult would it be to dismantle one to separate the cradle from the body?  Going to need to paint a lot of blue frames.....

• Like 2

• RMweb Gold
15 minutes ago, woodenhead said:

I think I am in the wrong scale...

And I'm in the wrong era.   But having said that these look like a really impressive job so well done Accurascale.  And there must be a numerous 16 tonners coming sometime if they're covering all the eras of the coal wagon scene (I hope) .

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

• RMweb Gold
18 minutes ago, The Fatadder said:

So now we have the Calvelex model (available in late 80s to about 1992 ECC branding) or in DB

or Accurascale (Post 2000 EWS or DB) but still nothing covering the 1991 - early 2000s blue with no ECC branding from either of them, which is a little disappointing.  That said I am still tempted to get the paint out.  @Accurascale Fran how difficult would it be to dismantle one to separate the cradle from the body?  Going to need to paint a lot of blue frames.....

These will very likely be featured in run 2 next year... :) 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

• Moderators
13 minutes ago, The Stationmaster said:

there must be a numerous 16 tonners coming sometime if they're covering all the eras of the coal wagon scene (I hope) .

Fran thinks I'm a broken record on this. :biggrin_mini2:

• Like 4
  • Funny 2

• RMweb Gold

Thanks everyone for your kind feedback. I tried my best to not stumble through the myriad of TOPS variants on these in the video but I reckon I tripped up a couple of times! Gareth kindly came to the rescue with the prototype info in the OP above, he's been living an breathing them the last 18 months or so, so they're bound to be pretty special!

Cheers!

Fran 

• Like 4

• RMweb Gold

Terrific - I've just been looking at my woeful MGR fleet, needing significant detailing. They now won't be, and fortunately I'm just about to sign a new consultancy contract so some cash will be set aside for a HOP AB fleet (after the missus gets her extension :wacko:) Standard trains from South Wales in mid 1970s Bristol, plus the M5 fly ash trains to Highbridge.

Looking forward to my coil As and MDOs already on pre-order so a few dedicated accurascale rakes coming up. Delighted that a relatively new manufacturer has spent a lot of time developing freight rolling stock, which has had a lean patch from the big boys. 

Neil 

• Like 2
  • Agree 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Friendly/supportive 1

52 minutes ago, Accurascale Fran said:

Thanks everyone for your kind feedback. I tried my best to not stumble through the myriad of TOPS variants on these in the video but I reckon I tripped up a couple of times! Gareth kindly came to the rescue with the prototype info in the OP above, he's been living an breathing them the last 18 months or so, so they're bound to be pretty special!

Cheers!

Fran 

will there be any coal loads ready for when there released ??

• Like 2

1 hour ago, James Makin said:

Incredible stuff, and personally amazing to see the revised MHA too, a very underappreciated wagon! 

Yes, and from what I understand from above they are a different body to the Hornby one so would still work in a train together without them being different mattering. I have 7 Hornby ones, might order some of the DB ones of these nearer release.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

• RMweb Gold
38 minutes ago, RozM said:

Fantastic stuff Fran! My fave wagons now being produced to the highest standard. Now it just needs an Accurascale Class 56 to haul them!:nyam:

I've always thought the Hornby 56 is very good, i have a colas and its superb, other loco's surely need a retool before the 56.

anyways....back to these lovely wagons, just my era (DB anyway) and right location (china clay)....oh so tempting, detail on them looks immense, better than what we have seen before from AS i'd say

• Like 2
  • Agree 3
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, jonnyuk said:

I've always thought the Hornby 56 is very good, i have a colas and its superb, other loco's surely need a retool before the 56.

anyways....back to these lovely wagons, just my era (DB anyway) and right location (china clay)....oh so tempting, detail on them looks immense, better than what we have seen before from AS i'd say

Well... I've always had problems with my Hornby Class 56 so imo it deserves to be brought up to AS standards.

• Like 1

• RMweb Premium
6 minutes ago, TomScrut said:

Yes, and from what I understand from above they are a different body to the Hornby one so would still work in a train together without them being different mattering. I have 7 Hornby ones, might order some of the DB ones of these nearer release.

They are indeed, the revised version has less ribs and different profile top capping, and minus steps plus reduced underframe side piping, so noticeably different from the Hornby version. The previous route to a revised MHA was using the S-Kits resin body on Hornby chassis with replacement buffers & Colin Craig brake discs so it looks like the Accurascale one saves a job and gives even more time back to weathering & personalising these fascinating wagons! :sungum:

Cheers,

James

• Like 5
  • Informative/Useful 1