The HAA and extended MGR family, CDA and MHA in OO/4mm, by Accurascale

• RMweb Premium
1 hour ago, woodenhead said:

The CavAlex models which KMSRailtech and Trains4u are retailing, it's unfortunate, but here we are in 2021 with people competing for our £.

Whilst duplication is unfortunate I think this is one area where both models can thrive. There were so many produced in so many variants that I think both manufacturers will have plenty of scope. And it’s very decent of Accurascale to avoid deliberate duplications. Unlike how a certain manufacturer who uses red boxes has been acting lately. Wouldn’t be surprised to see them deliberately match Accurascale’s liveries and rush out a range. 

• Like 3
  • Agree 4

• RMweb Gold

Great to see yet another great model coming out from Accurascale. To sqeeze the wagons inside (just) period / era 5, then some renumbering might be needed as ideally B prefixed numbers up to B351841were built between 65 and 66.

Will have to check for transfers?

• Like 1

Definitely one of the less well-kept secrets recently! A very thorough announcement though...good to see decorated samples at an advanced stage.

While my era is after the HAAs had finished their service, and CDAs don’t come up north nowadays, the MHA is a nice addition which is a gap in the current market, as James has said. While Hornby's initial attempt at an MHA featured a make believe body, the recent one represents the early type with more ribs. I’ve got a few for conversion to later (with S-Kits) body and MPAs with their lack of brake discs. One thing regarding the early MHAs caught my eye on the email that was sent out:

C4E9DD30-6417-40E8-9FCB-0A2B7E9FD922.jpeg.ff416ffb2ad0b220cffc5ba7e7054253.jpeg

So is the plan to produce the early MHA or is this "not true"? Would you produce it if your "friends" didn’t move in that direction (or if they did)?

Also don’t know if it’s been mentioned but will both brake disc types - with bolt holes and plain - be catered for?

Thanks,

Jack.

• Like 1
  • Funny 3

I KNEW IT......................i absolutely knew it !!!

These look stunning and i can tell you now, im up for some of these. 

Well done chaps and thankyou for bringing these to us in the Accurascale way. 

Top job. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• RMweb Gold
5 minutes ago, Jack374 said:

Definitely one of the less well-kept secrets recently! A very thorough announcement though...good to see decorated samples at an advanced stage.

While my era is after the HAAs had finished their service, and CDAs don’t come up north nowadays, the MHA is a nice addition which is a gap in the current market, as James has said. While Hornby's initial attempt at an MHA featured a make believe body, the recent one represents the early type with more ribs. I’ve got a few for conversion to later (with S-Kits) body and MPAs with their lack of brake discs. One thing regarding the early MHAs caught my eye on the email that was sent out:

C4E9DD30-6417-40E8-9FCB-0A2B7E9FD922.jpeg.ff416ffb2ad0b220cffc5ba7e7054253.jpeg

So is the plan to produce the early MHA or is this "not true"? Would you produce it if your "friends" didn’t move in that direction (or if they did)?

Also don’t know if it’s been mentioned but will both brake disc types - with bolt holes and plain - be catered for?

Thanks,

Jack.

Hi Jack,

We've been hassled by a couple of close friends who were "in the know" about this project to do the original MHA too, so put that in as an "in joke" to wind them up. We will be doing the original bodies as in a future run. Apologies for the confusion, made sense at the time, I just forgot the ! mark and wink emoji!

Cheers!

Fran 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• RMweb Gold

19 minutes ago, Jack374 said:

Thanks,

Jack.

Sorry Jack, missed this. Yes, both are being catered for and we've upgraded what is on these samples to a stainless steel insert, as it looks a lot better!

288119349_HAAwheeldisc.jpg.573f59936000f73a2df2484f46f1b635.jpg

Cheers!

Fran 

Edited by Accurascale Fran
  • Like 10

I’m getting a little confused!

If I am modelling 1987 - 1989, am I right in thinking only the HAA’s fit in that time period and they are 2560 and 2561 on your website? I ask as the accompanying picture seems to be the HOP - AB, not an HAA registered one.

Is there only going to be two options for the original HAA?

Thanks in advance.

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

• RMweb Premium

Looking very good and I too am impressed by you avoiding the Cavalex liveries for now.

I do have a query about the first version packs. You have two packs on your website labelled HAA - Railfreight Red - Pack 1 ACC2560HAA-RR1 and Pack 2 ACC2561HAA-RR2, but the wagon images are labelled HOP AB. I’ve seen the comment that the sample may not be the final model, but can you confirm whether these will be HAA branded versions before I pre-order. Thanks.

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

• RMweb Gold
3 minutes ago, IRC said:

I’m getting a little confused!

If I am modelling 1987 - 1989, am I right in thinking only the HAA’s fit in that time period and they are 2560 and 2561 on your website? I ask as the accompanying picture seems to be the HOP - AB, not an HAA registered one.

Is there only going to be two options for the original HAA?

Thanks in advance.

Hi @IRC,

No problem at all. We are sorting images at the moment, but if you click into each pack it will tell you what livery it will be in on the right hand side. As per below:

115535921_MGRproductpage.png.04fb0edb2ee8bd1173563fa073baff18.png

In the images at the bottom it will also have an artwork image, denoting which livery it will come in.

HTH

Cheers!

Fran 

• Like 3

@Accurascale Fran Congratulations on an excellent collection of wagons.

Whilst these are all outside my 'era', there is a Rule 1 slipping in.

Would you consider producing a 'sample' pack containing one of each livery? I could then choose to run them as an eclectic rake, or just admire them.

Edited by Damo666
  • Like 3

3 hours ago, Downendian said:

(after the missus gets her extension :wacko:) Nails or hair? Surely any residential extension will be for a railway room - unless you've already got somewhere suitable.

Interesting that the wagons from A/S retail at approx £5 less than the other new production - with discount for multiple purchases (and free postage?) to boot. Given the known quality of A/S goods (and I admit to not having anything from Cavalex to compare with) then to me there's no competition - not that I'm really looking for any at the moment.

• Like 1

• RMweb Gold
2 minutes ago, Graham108 said:

Interesting that the wagons from A/S retail at approx £5 less than the other new production - with discount for multiple purchases (and free postage?) to boot. Given the known quality of A/S goods (and I admit to not having anything from Cavalex to compare with) then to me there's no competition - not that I'm really looking for any at the moment.

Think you missed a 1 before the 5 there, Graham (just for the record) and correct re postage and bundles. 

Cheers!

Fran 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Accurascale Fran said:

Think you missed a 1 before the 5 there, Graham (just for the record) and correct re postage and bundles. 

Cheers!

Fran 

I was meaning per wagon not per bundle of 3!

• Like 2
  • Agree 1
  • Funny 1

• RMweb Premium
6 minutes ago, Graham108 said:

The Cavalex BBAs are superb models. 

I'm glad that HAAs (etc) don't fit in with my period as it would be a difficult choice between the two models.

Waiting for my Cavalex TEAs to supplement my Revolution rake.

• Like 2
  • Agree 3

1 minute ago, Accurascale Fran said:

Aha, my bad! (sorry, it's been a very long and busy day!)

Cheers!

Fran 

No need to apologise - the longer & harder you work means we modellers benefit so you've earned your Guinness for today.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• RMweb Gold
4 minutes ago, newbryford said:

The Cavalex BBAs are superb models. 

I'm glad that HAAs (etc) don't fit in with my period as it would be a difficult choice between the two models.

Waiting for my Cavalex TEAs to supplement my Revolution rake.

Still, some MHAs to tempt you with there, Mick. Some are still plodding along in service ;)

Cheers!

Fran 

• Like 2

• RMweb Premium
3 minutes ago, Accurascale Fran said:

Still, some MHAs to tempt you with there, Mick. Some are still plodding along in service ;)

Cheers!

Fran 

There are.

Problem is I've blown a few months modelling budget on shorty HYAs.......

Plenty of time to order.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

It may have been the worst kept secret, but I'm happy with this announcement. Been looking for some Mainline HMA's for a while. Consider yourselves lucky too...no one has moaned and bashed you'll for "duplicating" :lol:

Hard to resist these at that price, much cheaper than your immediate competition.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2
  • Interesting/Thought-provoking 1

Fantastic news! 

Are there any plans to do more runs with the original body type? I notice there are currently none announced with TOPS codes to mix and match with the older HOP 32 AB, for those who model the late 70's like me. However, I totally understand that you will have a lot on your plate with these, so I assume you are leaving it to see what demand is like, and also allow time for other versions to sell first before doing new packs of the same variant.

I am just asking as I will want a full rake of the early bodied versions, and currently there are only 12 individually numbered wagons from packs 1 - 4.

Although to be honest it's probably a moot point, as I may just order duplicate packs to make a complete rake, and then any future runs can go towards a second rake :) !!! 

My Accurascale order list is now on 3 pages and counting......!!!!!! 

Regards,

Cameron

Edited by Mophead45143
  • Like 1

• RMweb Gold
5 minutes ago, Mophead45143 said:

Fantastic news! 

Are there any plans to do more runs with the original body type? I notice there are currently none announced with TOPS codes to mix and match with the older HOP 32 AB, for those who model the late 70's like me. However, I totally understand that you will have a lot on your plate with these, so I assume you are leaving it to see what demand is like, and also allow time for other versions to sell first before doing new packs of the same variant.

I am just asking as I will want a full rake of the early bodied versions, and currently there are only 12 individually numbered wagons from packs 1 - 4.

Although to be honest it's probably a moot point, as I may just order duplicate packs to make a complete rake, and then any future runs can go towards a second rake :) !!! 

My Accurascale order list is now on 3 pages and counting......!!!!!! 

Regards,

Cameron

Hi Cameron,

Many thanks for your kind words. Packs 3 and 4 of the brown frame HAAs will be TOPS coded, so these packs are perfect for you. We will do more in the future of course, just so many variants to get through!

Cheers!

Fran 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Accurascale Fran said:

Hi Cameron,

Many thanks for your kind words. Packs 3 and 4 of the brown frame HAAs will be TOPS coded, so these packs are perfect for you. We will do more in the future of course, just so many variants to get through!

Cheers!

Fran 

Wonderful - thanks for the reply Fran! 

In my modelling era of 1977 there would have been a mix of Pre-TOPS and TOPS, so all packs 1 - 4 are perfect!!!

FYI - website says all four packs are HOP AB, unless I'm being thick! 

Regards,

Cameron

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1