The HAA and extended MGR family, CDA and MHA in OO/4mm, by Accurascale

On 15/12/2021 at 20:44, woodenhead said:

Has anyone mentioned these gypsum wagons

587E6CF8-F9CB-4F19-982F-E9E8F6F24655.jpeg

Different sized body, different number of doors, different Chassis shape, different Chassis details. The same, but very, very different.

Meld 

8 minutes ago, meld said:

Different sized body, different number of doors, different Chassis shape, different Chassis details. The same, but very, very different.

Meld 

Ha, I actually thought they were HOP/HAA, but now you mention it, they do look a little shorter in the body.  :D

• RMweb Premium
31 minutes ago, TomScrut said:

I think there's only a few in DB red but from what I have seen most have EWS painted over.

I think there is only one DB red MHA - 394829. (Can't find any other evidence)

(As there was only one MBA - 500144 and one MFA 391034 in DB red)

There was a trainload of 43 4-wheelers - mostly MHA - passed me earlier this week. Very little EWS markings visible.

Edited by newbryford
  • Like 1

• RMweb Gold
12 hours ago, newbryford said:

I think there is only one DB red MHA - 394829. (Can't find any other evidence)

(As there was only one MBA - 500144 and one MFA 391034 in DB red)

There was a trainload of 43 4-wheelers - mostly MHA - passed me earlier this week. Very little EWS markings visible.

https://accurascale.co.uk/collections/mha-wagons

Correct! The lone DB red is in our Pack 1. 

• Like 2

Just come across another interesting image on Flickr from July 1977, which shows three ex works HAA's behind the 47. These appear to have the line of rivets on the upper body side, so I guess that would make them among the first to be re-bodied. The cradles are freight brown, which was still the standard at the time (railfreight red was a few years later). 

As far as I can see, re-bodied wagons in freight brown aren't on the current plans for either Cavalex or Accurascale (guess only a limited number would have been done before the cradles were painted red). However, if they were announced in the future I guess I now have the perfect excuse for a triple pack, as this train would have run through my modelling location just minutes before, and is exactly in my time period! 

NMR036-BTL.579-1965, Class 47-3, No.47336 at Meadowgate Lane, Beighton-14-07-1977

Regards,

Cameron

• Like 4
  • Informative/Useful 1

• 4 weeks later...
  • RMweb Gold
On 30/01/2022 at 21:27, The Ghost of IKB said:

Any update on production lads?

Hi @The Ghost of IKB,

Apologies, we had a burst pipe in our office yesterday (nightmare) so have been dealing with the fallout over the past couple of days.

The great news is that our HOP AB/Original HAAs have made it onto a ship and are heading this way. This is HOP AB packs 1-4 and HAA railfreight red packs 1 and 2. These will be on the shelves in late March, all going well with the high seas.

Fair play to our factory partner who pulled out all the stops to get some of the stock on their way.

53631643085829_.pic_hd.jpg.2911722011e3e7368e09f1409ea143f7.jpg

The CDA and HCA will arrive now in in Q2, with the rest in Q3 2022. Not bad for an announcement made just over 6 months ago.

We will have some nice studio pics of the incoming packs in the next couple of weeks, and they will be on our stand at Model Rail Scotland too. But, in the meantime, a couple of detail and feature teasers, albeit rough and ready!

89259674_ImagefromiOS(73).jpg.a247c8d8fef83b274aa660b04c290cca.jpg

2066805658_ImagefromiOS(74).jpg.54254ef20adff1ad8db0cc3c37abc28b.jpg

1097771501_ImagefromiOS(72).jpg.551bc82674f4f4f496af68e4fcb91840.jpg

More to follow in the coming weeks with some proper pics!

The HOP ABs in particular are getting a bit tight on stock, so if anyone wants to get their order in for a March deliver, well, you know what you need to do... 

https://accurascale.co.uk/collections/merry-go-round-mgr/wagon-type_haa-hopper?

Cheers!

Fran

• Like 5
  • Round of applause 1
  • Friendly/supportive 2

• 2 months later...
50 minutes ago, McC said:

Very close to being in stock now with the rest of the range leaving the factory in just a few weeks time

Screenshot 2022-04-10 at 11.51.21.png

Very impressive but...... were the ends of the brake levers really yellow, or white ? Certain regions seem  quite obsessive about the handbrake ends and the lever racks, and even if the rest of the vehicle was scruffy at maintenance stage, the white would be sloshed on these items. 

• RMweb Gold
28 minutes ago, Covkid said:

Very impressive but...... were the ends of the brake levers really yellow, or white ? Certain regions seem  quite obsessive about the handbrake ends and the lever racks, and even if the rest of the vehicle was scruffy at maintenance stage, the white would be sloshed on these items. 

Every example we produce is based on prototype photographs and evidence, so we mimic reality :) (If it helps, this snap is from a more recent CDA)

Edited by McC
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, Covkid said:

2 likely reasons - safety as otherwise people may get caught on them, operationally I expect that someone used to perform a check to ensure that the doors were firmly locked.  Bit of paint a great visual aid, especially in darkness and foul weather.  Otherwise possible derailments and alot of coal to shovel if the doors burst open.  Known it happen on some modern wagons.......Plus unless requiring an enhanced brake test, only the driver to shift it, unless someone takes pitty.....

• Like 1

• RMweb Premium

Ironic isnt it,we are now getting supply of the finest models seen of MGR coal running in Great Britain as in real world our energy generation system hits the buffers,who in there right mind though it a good idea to close and destroy this before we have the replacement in place,our model layouts will have another working item shortly,a power station......car alternator and a mamod steam drive and its probably cheaper than being on grid,Accurapower anyone????...............

• Like 1
  • Funny 1