The HAA and extended MGR family, CDA and MHA in OO/4mm, by Accurascale

• 3 weeks later...
On 06/04/2023 at 09:47, Accurascale Fran said:

Hi @IRC,

We'll see what we can do ;)

Cheers!

Fran 

Hi Fran,

With reference to some late 80s versions (red and yellow) without the cross bars then are these on the horizon?

Just trying to plan the budget and I need a bag load of them at some point!

Thanks,

Rich.

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

• RMweb Gold
3 minutes ago, Growling said:

Hi Fran,

With reference to some late 80s versions (red and yellow) without the cross bars then are these on the horizon?

Just trying to plan the budget and I need a bag load of them at some point!

Thanks,

Rich.

Hi Rich,

I can confirm that they are very much in our plans in the near future. 

Cheers!

Fran 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

Hi Accurascale team! 

I was wondering if you guys tooled the early body MHA variant in your tooling and if so can we expect these sometime in the future?! Would love to replace my Hornby ones with some that match the quality of your current later body style MHA’s! 😃

(sorry if i have asked this before - I cannot remember!)

thanks, Peter

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

• RMweb Gold
On 17/07/2023 at 09:44, WCML100 said:

Hi Accurascale team! 

I was wondering if you guys tooled the early body MHA variant in your tooling and if so can we expect these sometime in the future?! Would love to replace my Hornby ones with some that match the quality of your current later body style MHA’s! 😃

(sorry if i have asked this before - I cannot remember!)

thanks, Peter

Hi Peter,

We did indeed, and it will feature in the next run of these wagons.

Cheers!

Fran 

• Like 3
  • Friendly/supportive 1

17 hours ago, Accurascale Fran said:

Hi Peter,

We did indeed, and it will feature in the next run of these wagons.

Cheers!

Fran 

Great! Not Sure if I could have hoped for a more satisfying answer!😄

• Like 1
  • Funny 1

• RMweb Gold
4 hours ago, Phil Bullock said:

Can we hope the CBAs are as firmly embedded in plans too? 😉

Indeed, there will be more news on the new run shortly :) 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

Hi,

Am I right in thinking the intention was to produce loads for this range? (and the HYA's?)

I would like to get some loads for the rake of MHAs I've got (when I make them, they are always rubbish!) and I haven't found anyone doing them, unless the ones for the Hornby / Bachmann models will fit?

Simon

• Like 1

1 hour ago, St. Simon said:

Hi,

Am I right in thinking the intention was to produce loads for this range? (and the HYA's?)

I would like to get some loads for the rake of MHAs I've got (when I make them, they are always rubbish!) and I haven't found anyone doing them, unless the ones for the Hornby / Bachmann models will fit?

Simon

The early HAAs have tie bars across the top which make it difficult to produce a load that will just drop in.  At least that was my take on comments made after release.  This of course would not be a problem for later types.  Perhaps some with the early types would be happy to remove the bars, as they wouldn't be seen when a load was carried.

• Agree 1

8 hours ago, St. Simon said:

Hi,

Simon

Hello Simon
These loads are pretty good
https://www.ebay.co.uk/str/tomahawkphotographyproductions

Simon

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Informative/Useful 1

• RMweb Gold
On 25/07/2023 at 11:10, St. Simon said:

Hi,

Simon

Simon the standard formation for some flows was 30+ wagons, unless it was 45.  Time for more shopping?

• Funny 1

4 minutes ago, The Stationmaster said:

Simon the standard formation for some flows was 30+ wagons, unless it was 45.  Time for more shopping?

Hi Mike,

Oh, how I wish, my rake of 16 MHA / PNA is more than the layout can take now!

Simon

• Like 1
  • Funny 1

• 4 months later...

Sorry if I've missed it but there are 21 pages of this to wade through and as I can't see any on the Accurascale website, I'm wondering if loads are available, or are going to be available, for the HAA/HOP AB? Or if not, what have other people done about loads?

I need removable loads and while I usually make my own loads the problem with these hoppers is the cross bracing. They will need to be cut out and embedded in the loads, but then when the wagon is running empty the cross bracing will be absent.

If loads are going to be made, will there also be a removable insert that can be put in for empties? Or are these parts available as spares so I can make my own?

This conundrum aside they are really nice wagons.

DSCF0511.JPG.3271f710755b60c0aacf97cd4c95b0b3.JPG

Edited by Ruston
  • Craftsmanship/clever 1

• RMweb Gold
33 minutes ago, Ruston said:

Sorry if I've missed it but there are 21 pages of this to wade through and as I can't see any on the Accurascale website, I'm wondering if loads are available, or are going to be available, for the HAA/HOP AB? Or if not, what have other people done about loads?

I need removable loads and while I usually make my own loads the problem with these hoppers is the cross bracing. They will need to be cut out and embedded in the loads, but then when the wagon is running empty the cross bracing will be absent.

If loads are going to be made, will there also be a removable insert that can be put in for empties? Or are these parts available as spares so I can make my own?

This conundrum aside they are really nice wagons.

DSCF0511.JPG.3271f710755b60c0aacf97cd4c95b0b3.JPG

https://www.accurascale.com/collections/loads

We will have MDO, HUO loads back in stock shortly, and a range of MGR loads to suit also in the new year. 

• Like 3