A Requirements led approach

Morning all.

This is a subject which I have never seen appear in this forum, so I am just putting out feelers to see what sort of interest there might be in my sharing an approach that I applied in the development of my railway.  i.e  A Requirements led approach?

I am an Engineer by profession, with experience in the subjects of Requirements Capture and Test Analysis.  These disciplines would normally be applied to projects with a lot of zero's behind the pound sign.

Since I had time to ponder my project before I was able to start on it, I decided to apply what I was doing at work to this.

Probably excessive if you are considering a very small layout and you already know what you want.  But could be helpful if you are considering a large and complex layout, you are not certain what it is you want to do, or you are a club with many members and you want to be sure everyone is 'singing to the same songsheet'.

If there is enough interest, I'll put something together.

Alan

• Like 1

• RMweb Gold

Hi Alan,

In the same area are John Armstrong's system of "Givens and Druthers" (horrible phrase) and Iain Rice's approach of checklist refinement but a new engineering perspective might be very interesting.

Might this topic be better in the Layout and Track Design forum?

Edited by Harlequin