Problems with Locomotion Models

VicPallett

Has anyone been experiencing customer service problems with Locomotion Models? I ordered and paid the deposit for a Wainwright D class several months ago and had no acknowledgement even though the deposit was paid. I emailed them twice in the following months but had no replies.  I thought that my must have lost my order but surprise surprise I received a request for the balance a few weeks ago. I paid this but again got no acknowledgement. The week before last I sent an enquiry to see if was too late to upgrade to a DCC sound version - this time by phone message (the phone never seems to be manned}. As usual, I received no reply so again emailed them. Once more - no reply. What kind of an organisation is this that does not reply to customer queries, has no apparent interest in taking more money from customers, nor even seems to care?

Guest Locomotion No. 3
40 minutes ago, stovepipe said:

They are operating under some restrictions - have a look on this thread.

https://www.rmweb.co.uk/community/index.php?/topic/163058-d-class-update-12-march-2021/&tab=comments#comment-4442739

Dennis Lovett (Locomotion No. 3) is they guy you need to speak to on here.

Please appreciate that we are on limited opening and limited staffing levels. We have a small team of  people packing and sending out pre-ordered D Class locomotives, phones are busy and we are working as best as we can, which is not easy with our usual facilities having to be socially distanced etc.

We do not have sound versions at present as these are fitted by Dapol. These will follow as soon as we have them.

if you are worried about your sound version, then please PM me and I will forward it to Shildon and we will confirm that your order is in the system. 

Dennis Lovett

Exclusive Models Marketing Executive

Locomotion Models

Guest Locomotion No. 3
2 hours ago, VicPallett said:

Hello Dennis

All I wanted was to be able to upgrade to the sound fitted version before they sent out the DCC ready one to me. Is it possible and how do I go about it?

We received your email on Friday evening requesting a change to a DCC SOUND version. We had already packed up orders ready to be picked up by the courier on Monday. Yours was retrieved from the collection point after we picked up your email. 

As I stated earlier the SOUND versions are still with Dapol and will follow in due course. Prior to sending it out - you will receive notification to pay the balance between the two types (the DCC Ready version you have paid for and the outstanding amount).

My colleague Stuart in Shildon has emailed you regarding this.

Please be patient with us - we are very busy not just sending out orders but now dealing with those who having seen one on here and elsewhere now wish to own one too! Social distancing and limited operating hours are not helping us undertake what is always a major logistics excercise under normal conditions. 

If anyone has any issues - I will try to help (although please appreciate I am based 44.5 miles north of London Euston and not in York or Shildon!)

Dennis

20 hours ago, VicPallett said:

Has anyone been experiencing customer service problems with Locomotion Models? I ordered and paid the deposit for a Wainwright D class several months ago and had no acknowledgement even though the deposit was paid. I emailed them twice in the following months but had no replies.  I thought that my must have lost my order but surprise surprise I received a request for the balance a few weeks ago. I paid this but again got no acknowledgement. The week before last I sent an enquiry to see if was too late to upgrade to a DCC sound version - this time by phone message (the phone never seems to be manned}. As usual, I received no reply so again emailed them. Once more - no reply. What kind of an organisation is this that does not reply to customer queries, has no apparent interest in taking more money from customers, nor even seems to care?

You will get on well on this forum with an attitude like that.

While there are companies that do have a poor attitude to customer service Locomotion is most certainly not one of them.

It might have escaped your notice, but we are in the middle of a pandemic in the real world that most of us inhabit.

It is common practice not to give receipts. It is common for there to be delays.

Please show a little respect and understanding for the problems that some people are facing.

Bernard

• Agree 5

If you haven't been receiving replies from Locomotion check your Spam folder. I've never dealt with this company, but I find replies from some retailers I order from, e.g. Slaters, always end up there (even when I've told the email program the particular sender isn't spam)

Edited by JeremyC

• AY Mod locked this topic