Repairs to Bachmann class 24

I have a Bachmann class 24 that is only driving ONE bogie. The motor is running fine (as I can see on the other bogie) but the worm drive at the faulty end is not turning

I'm not sure how it dismantles - there is a metal block covering all the mechanism, so the fault is obviously in/under this

Who would folks suggest I talk to about getting it repaired??

Much appreciated

Phil G

You will probably find that either the bearing cup on the motor in which the universal drive shaft rotates has come unglued or the corresponding bearing cup the other end by the worm. This causes the situation where one bogie works Ok but the other does not. You will need to glue either the bearing cup into the end of the flywheel or the bearing cup to the drive shaft at the worm end. It is a common fault on some Bachmann and Heljan locos with similar drive systems.

19 minutes ago, mossdp said:

You will probably find that either the bearing cup on the motor in which the universal drive shaft rotates has come unglued or the corresponding bearing cup the other end by the worm. This causes the situation where one bogie works Ok but the other does not. You will need to glue either the bearing cup into the end of the flywheel or the bearing cup to the drive shaft at the worm end. It is a common fault on some Bachmann and Heljan locos with similar drive systems.

Yeah I have a Warship with the same symptoms. But that was easier to get at. The class 24 is now on the way to FMR