Guildex 2021 CANCELLED

Jackie K

• RMweb Gold

Oddly enough, the late actress Carmen Silvera, who played the poor wife in the TV original, had presented prizes at a theatre competition in the school that Ashcombe and I attended. A sort of link I would like to complete, if you like. I'm not really an actor - my only part to date being as a Tellytubby in Vicar of Dibley, which didn't demand a lot of talent! - but I'm sure I can twirl an onion string with the worst of them!

• Like 3
  • Agree 1
  • Informative/Useful 1

10 minutes ago, Oldddudders said:I'm not really an actor - my only part to date being as a Tellytubby in Vicar of Dibley, which didn't demand a lot of talent! - but I'm sure I can twirl an onion string with the worst of them!

3A7AA6CA-C2F1-435C-B6D3-692C5E233385.jpeg

• Like 3
  • Interesting/Thought-provoking 2
  • Funny 7

10 hours ago, Hibelroad said:

A sensible decision given the current situation. Yes the vaccine is helping but we are not out of the woods yet. The Guild could face large losses if it had to cancel at a late stage and I’m sure they would then be criticised for being reckless with members money. 

From other posts I take it GOG can lose a lot of money  from exhibitions without any help from COVID.

As someone who is still shielding I am slightly cautious but if its not going to be 'safe' in September (depending on your interpretation of safe) then its going to have to be safe enough to start living. Given the O gauge demographics I have no argument if many members are of the other opinion.  The critical thing to to work with partners who are flexible on cost for cancellation, not something which some organisations are known for.

Mr Biro -  a new member looking at his posts.

Obviously not sure of how things can sometimes work on here but I am sure he is well aware now.

I would like to think he was not just expressing disappointment over the Guildex cancellation and more concerned over the general tardiness of all things in the country getting back to some sort of life  normality.

But we have to come out of the Trench at some point.

• RMweb Gold
On 19/06/2021 at 19:25, Ashcombe said:

3A7AA6CA-C2F1-435C-B6D3-692C5E233385.jpeg

Good grief, Ian. 
What on earth is that on the top of your head?

It must have lead to some unfortunate nicknames.

Or was everyone too polite?

• Funny 4

• RMweb Premium
13 minutes ago, BoD said:

Good grief, Ian. 
What on earth is that on the top of your head?

It must have lead to some unfortunate nicknames.

Or was everyone too polite?

They're to be complimented that neither of them is filling their costumes.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

• RMweb Premium
7 hours ago, Crisis Rail said:

Mr Biro -  a new member looking at his posts.

Obviously not sure of how things can sometimes work on here but I am sure he is well aware now.

I would like to think he was not just expressing disappointment over the Guildex cancellation and more concerned over the general tardiness of all things in the country getting back to some sort of life  normality.

But we have to come out of the Trench at some point.

Indeed I was and I may have been a little intemperate in my posting but I was disappointed!

• Funny 1

Agree, had to cancel local show again in early September, too much uncertainty regarding what restrictions might be in place regarding indoor events, unknown cleaning costs, and how local covid rates would affect visitier numbers. Clubs have had little or no income now for over 18 months so risk has to be managed