Cavalex - all new Class 56 in OO

AY Mod

1 hour ago, AY Mod said:

All Locos.png

Cavalex Models are pleased to announce a newly-tooled Class 56 in 4mm.

The model is already significantly advanced and currently at the tooling stage, having been in the works for the past few years. All variants of the 56 are being tooled, to accurately cover all 135 locomotives produced between 1976 and 1984. The Cavalex 56 has been designed completely from scratch, based on original works drawings from both Electroputere and BREL. We have incorporated numerous innovations into the model which we’re looking forward to showcasing.

● John Dutfield - https://www.johndutfieldmodelrailways.co.uk

We are delighted to continue our support of this Brand

They'll have their work cut out to get the "Screaming throb" sound of a 56 hard at work !!. I remember them thundering over the several level crossings in the sleepy village of Lymm near Warrington back in the 70's on the Fiddlers Ferry coal jobs. They virtually tore the village apart !!

Brit15

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, APOLLO said:

They'll have their work cut out to get the "Screaming throb" sound of a 56 hard at work !!. I remember them thundering over the several level crossings in the sleepy village of Lymm near Warrington back in the 70's on the Fiddlers Ferry coal jobs. They virtually tore the village apart !!

Brit15

My first experience of the 'throb' was at a Toton open day in the 70's when they were thundering past the depot on MGRs.

• Like 2

• RMweb Gold
55 minutes ago, TomScrut said:

It's funny timing given all the talk on the 69 thread!

At least there will be no conflict of interest between Bachmann and Cavalex.  I just hope in later runs they do Colas and DCR grey liveried versions.  Great news 

• Like 1
  • Agree 6

These locos are so iconic to me.

From seeing 001 on test on the Wirksworth branch in around September 1976 to seeing and hearing them all round the East Midlands through the 80’s to getting a cab ride on 126 at Butterley once and spending time on the bank at Toton listening to that howling roar, I love’em.

Thanks, Cav and Alex.

• Like 3

17 minutes ago, letterspider said:

An interesting announcement. 

I wouldn't be surprised if Hornby now rush through a run of BR Blue livery...

Seems the "New Kids on the Block" are giving the established manufacturers a run for their money with these models. Looks fantastic !

• Agree 3

5 minutes ago, jools1959 said:

At least there will be no conflict of interest between Bachmann and Cavalex.  I just hope in later runs they do Colas and DCR grey liveried versions.  Great news 

The livery list is not exhaustive at this stage. We will keep you updated with any news regarding further options.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, newbryford said:

Wow!

Now that is a surprise.

Will have to work out which one is good for a Colas repaint...............

Surprised Colas didnt make the list. The model looks stunning and really captures the looks of the prototype. Can see an EWS one being purchased and no doubt Loadhaul. 

Timing is rather interesting too. 

• Like 3
  • Agree 1

• RMweb Premium
1 minute ago, RBE said:

The livery list is not exhaustive at this stage. We will keep you updated with any news regarding further options.

Even better news :) Dutch / Dutch Transrail??

• Like 1
  • Agree 4

12 minutes ago, jools1959 said:

Yep those are the liveries I am interested in, mostly DC as I have a Colas one already.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, JSpencer said:

Great News - my only question is, do we know where they were generally running in these liveries please?

There is a large Class 56 and 58 photo group on Flickr which is very useful for dating livery versions and detail differences although you do rely on the uploaders accurately placing dates on their work which sometimes isn't the case.  Nevertheless it is a very useful resource.

I have timetable/stock sequences based around 1986 and 1993 on my layout which is an absolute nightmare for livery changes and tweaks, but I've already found a couple of  Romanian Grids which were still banger blue in 1993, and a single large logo blue Doncaster cab example photographed in 1993, saving me a few pence!

Although I never wanted a 91, i felt sorry for cavalex after the Class 91 and then there was the HAA.   Doubtless Hornby are already blowing the dust off their railroad 56's.   

But i do really like the large logo 56's and my order is ready to be placed.  

Good luck guys

6 hours ago, RBE said:

This has been in the works for a few years now so just happened to coincide with the 69.

Well done, truly hats off to you guys for this one. We have all been banging on for years for improvements to the Hornby model, and another run on the gold dust Romanian, all requests falling on deaf ears. 

This is the result of not listening Hornby.

Edited by blueeighties
  • Like 5
  • Agree 4