Cavalex - all new Class 56 in OO

AY Mod

5 minutes ago, APOLLO said:

Turn up the volume !!

Best sounding diesel after the Deltics & Westerners to me.

Brit15

Agreed. I've spent many a happy hour at Barnetby years past and peering over the bridge at Brocklesby watching them blast away from the junction as they get to grips with their train.

Edited by RP82
  • Like 3

Well, I pre-ordered one of the upcoming Hornby BR Blue 56's from one retailer when that was first announced. Only to have that order canceled by the retailer who shall remain nameless.

I placed another pre-order for it with another retailer but have just canceled that myself after hearing about this. You could say that the fact the first Pre-Order got cancelled was fate!

Very interested though I feel I'll hold off placing another Pre-Order for these until I've seen the price. Especially as I want to decide between having a Sound Fitted one or not and that would depend on the cost difference.

• Like 1

Really surprised by but also really happy with this announcement.

Sadly I can't renumber 008 as she has the original cantrail grilles.... So any chance of 56006 as preserved please?

Oh and I wouldn't mind a Colas one either please to go with this that I only bought a month ago; 

PXL_20210515_141545568.NIGHT.jpg.fdecece0b4b9d9231acd57739b0b2e27.jpg

Cheers,

Just like I did for the HAA I've clumped together some 56 pictures on my thread while I figure out how I'm going to afford some of these locos 

The clumped pictures are on page 21 but there are many more.

• Moderators
12 minutes ago, blueeighties said:

**Stop press** Leaked secret photo of Hornby's rushed BR blue class 56 in reaction to Cavalex news.

Screenshot_20210618-203706_Facebook.jpg

Fake news; too much space for a speaker to be a Kent variant.

• Funny 12

8 hours ago, RP82 said:

Likewise how easy can I turn 070 into 004 and 074 into 134?

134 should be just a renumber, check prototype images for small square grille for cab air-con tho'.

004 is (or rather, was latterly) Crewe cabs either end of a Romanian body, simple in theory, but I'm unsure how model manufacture works to suggest it'd be a marketable exercise for Cavalex.

Similarly, I'd love a 56049 in Transrail Dutch, early Donny cab one end - late batch the other. 

And that's not even broaching the subject of "top-hats" and exhaust port irregularities within the class. I thought I was a champion anorak for Grids until a member sent in a piece detailing roof gubbins on certain locomotives to the C56G newsletter!

I think if I was a model manufacturer I'd have a red list of prototype machines never to be even attempted, even within an ostensibly "all the bleeding same" build!

C6T. 

25 minutes ago, owentherail said:

Yep first loco in large logo 

But it has a light grey roof, yellow end wrapped right around and large logo, Locos that I photographed that were in the number series soon afterwards don't have these features. They are just in the ordinary (and I mean ordinary!) blue with a small logo and yellow end.

56036 stood out that Sunday evening at Toton  - enough that I used a slide on it. I took hardly any locos - a green class 20 was taken - as I'd used 20 films that weekend - 360 photos of wagons.

Paul

• Like 1
  • Friendly/supportive 1

6 minutes ago, hmrspaul said:

But it has a light grey roof, yellow end wrapped right around and large logo, Locos that I photographed that were in the number series soon afterwards don't have these features. They are just in the ordinary (and I mean ordinary!) blue with a small logo and yellow end.

56036 stood out that Sunday evening at Toton  - enough that I used a slide on it. I took hardly any locos - a green class 20 was taken - as I'd used 20 films that weekend - 360 photos of wagons.

Paul

You do like your wagons 

• RMweb Gold
34 minutes ago, Classsix T said:

I'd love a 56049 in Transrail Dutch, early Donny cab one end - late batch the other. 

Agreed but in Colas livery.

• RMweb Gold
1 hour ago, Hippel said:

Wasn't 56036 the first loco in large logo blue? Or at least the first 56?

Paul.

It was kind of slow evolution, in the late 60s some 73’s and Transpeninnes acquired full yellow cabs, those 73’s got light grey roofs too but didnt really look that attractive, someone added Black cabs, a large logo and numbers.. the rest is history.

• RMweb Gold
3 hours ago, 60800 said:

Really surprised by but also really happy with this announcement.

Sadly I can't renumber 008 as she has the original cantrail grilles.... So any chance of 56006 as preserved please?

Oh and I wouldn't mind a Colas one either please to go with this that I only bought a month ago; 

PXL_20210515_141545568.NIGHT.jpg.fdecece0b4b9d9231acd57739b0b2e27.jpg

Cheers,

A contemporary 56 in Colas would probably go well - they seem to be widely travelled at the moment..

50975936713_93906452b5_z.jpg

51068720487_b5ffe5126b_z.jpg

• Like 2

10 hours ago, woodenhead said:

Awaits expected saga, red box response and wonders if anyone else has one up their sleeves.

But lovely looking model and I hope it sells well.

Railroad (Ex Mainline) in every livery + 3 X Special Class 56s numbered 69001/2/3 @ £79.99.

'Just a Guess'

• Like 2
  • Agree 2
  • Funny 5