Cavalex - all new Class 56 in OO

AY Mod

• RMweb Gold

Great announcement and will be following with interest to see what modern liveries appear. 
Have you anymore info on the lighting setup these will have?

3 hours ago, Legend said:

56 certainly looks good and there seem to be lots of variants to consider . While I appreciate RBE telling us the price will be competitive , I’m old fashioned enough to want to see price before committing 

And I'd rather they kept the price to themselves until it's definite too, one manufacturer has upped prices on something I had on preorder with them.

Just now, atom3624 said:

Sorry to appear a bit blunt, but is this fantastic project definitely going into production, or is it just to establish if the expressions of interest are sufficient to justify going into production?

Al.

It’s already at the tooling stage so definitely going into production :good:

An utterly superb looking CAD, really puts the other 56 model to shame. 

Another vote for a Colas 56049 Robin of Templecombe and ideally a DC Rail/Cappagh 56103 with 'Devon & Cornwall Railway' crests. 

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, The Ghost of IKB said:

Personally i dont like announcements without a price. 

Theres four of the first batch id like, but im not going to commit to any until i know how many i can afford.

Agree, particularly as my retailer of choice is asking for a £30 deposit against an unknown price. Am interested in the EWS and Loadhaul versions, but won't order until the price is known.

• Like 1
  • Agree 2

Hi everyone,

I can understand the concerns on final

price and knowing how many you can afford etc. As Cav has said it will be similar to other high specification models.

For anyone in any doubt whilst we take a £30 deposit at Rainbow Railways, if for any reason you decide that it’s more than you want to pay or can only afford so many we will refund you or move it against the locos you do want to keep. Hope that helps

Thanks 

Mark

• Like 4

• RMweb Premium
16 minutes ago, newbryford said:

DCR / BR ( Electroputere / Ruston-Paxman ) Type 5 Class 56 Co-Co 56 312

that’s the one! That Railfest is quite sentimental as it was the last rail show that mum came with us to. 

even the base loco would be great (I think it ran in that livery without the advertising), so that some nice Railtrack transfers could be added to. I’ve never been brave enough to work out the body permutations on it by this point to try and model it accurately!

• RMweb Premium
1 hour ago, The Ghost of IKB said:

Personally i dont like announcements without a price. 

Theres four of the first batch id like, but im not going to commit to any until i know how many i can afford.

Appreciate your comment but they have stated that it will be competitive with others currently. TBH that’s a bold statement with what’s happening with shipping and China but for me it’s do I want one or not - yes I do so let’s pre order one. I think it’s a bold project knowing how H reacts to others that release models against them. TBH I really hope this is a mega success and good luck 

• RMweb Premium

Nice to see this. I think I could use a couple for the S&P in both its 1985/6 period running for aggregate trains through Sayersbridge, and in heritage period running for bulk freights out of the port.

:good:

13 hours ago, younGGuns7 said:

Appreciate your comment but they have stated that it will be competitive with others currently. TBH that’s a bold statement with what’s happening with shipping and China but for me it’s do I want one or not - yes I do so let’s pre order one. I think it’s a bold project knowing how H reacts to others that release models against them. TBH I really hope this is a mega success and good 

Maybe a case of "if you need to ask the price, you cant afford it..."

• Agree 1

2 hours ago, The Ghost of IKB said:

People said the same about accuras purple deltic, and then it was the first to sell out.  I get the feeling Artemis would sell like hot cakes, even though (maybe because) it was repulsive !

I said that about that Deltic, I still say it, and it's No Thanks to this monstrosity too. 

Cavalex are apparently producing some other versions which look quite attractive though.

• RMweb Premium

I've looked high and low on t'internet, and can't find a list of class 56s that shows when each one that was scrapped was scrapped. Has anyone here got an idea where I can find that info? I'm looking for two or three suitable candidates for fictional preservation that appeared in BR Standard Blue, BR Revised Standard, and Original Railfreight (not red stripe) when in revenue service c1986, and that haven't survived up to today such that they could be now or in the future candidates for class 69 conversions.

• RMweb Gold
41 minutes ago, Ian J. said:

I've looked high and low on t'internet, and can't find a list of class 56s that shows when each one that was scrapped was scrapped. Has anyone here got an idea where I can find that info? I'm looking for two or three suitable candidates for fictional preservation that appeared in BR Standard Blue, BR Revised Standard, and Original Railfreight (not red stripe) when in revenue service c1986, and that haven't survived up to today such that they could be now or in the future candidates for class 69 conversions.

wnxx.com  It's a pay site but at £10 per year, it's not going to kill you but the amount of people I hear bellyaching about it, I just say to them "get a life".

Edited by jools1959
Typo
  • Informative/Useful 1

• RMweb Gold
1 hour ago, Ian J. said:

Use Wikipedia, it lists what is left.

so inversely, whats not left was scrapped.

For the Modern image modeller, it's Colas and DCR and DC liveries. I've got a pair of Hornby Colas ones and I think if Cavalex did these I'd be trading them in. I always see them in a pair so I would hope that two running numbers could be done. 

I like the idea of 56312 being done, but do you offer it in the purple mentioned above or the DCR grey it has worn recently? I'd prefer it in grey. But again the purple is something different....

The more modern DC Grey is nice as seen on 091, but I'm not sure it would sell well. I'd also like to see the UKRL ones done as they pop up all over the place and I think people would buy them as ROG and GBRf use them and they have been around that little bit longer for people only doing certain era's but maybe an unbranded Fertis one?

• Agree 1