Cavalex - all new Class 56 in OO

AY Mod

17 minutes ago, Chrisjh said:

Recieved my Class 56's which are great I have fitted a Gaugemaster DCC 21 pin chip to both of them but I cant seem to activate the cab lights can anybody enlighten me as to how these are activated please, many thanks 

Chris 

is battery switch in?

• Funny 1

12 minutes ago, Chrisjh said:

Recieved my Class 56's which are great I have fitted a Gaugemaster DCC 21 pin chip to both of them but I cant seem to activate the cab lights can anybody enlighten me as to how these are activated please, many thanks 

Chris 

The lighting setout is complex and not set up out of the box. We recommend a Lokpilot with the custom.file installed from the ESU website in order to work all functions. Which gaugemaster decoder are you using?

56 minutes ago, RBE said:

The lighting setout is complex and not set up out of the box. We recommend a Lokpilot with the custom.file installed from the ESU website in order to work all functions. Which gaugemaster decoder are you using?

Many thanks I am afraid I dont know as I have thrown the box out, loco runs great just cant get the cab lights to come on. So not sure what to do. Best Wishes Chris 

10 hours ago, Chrisjh said:

Many thanks I am afraid I dont know as I have thrown the box out, loco runs great just cant get the cab lights to come on. So not sure what to do. Best Wishes Chris 

get an ESU blown with the file is the best option you’ve got in my opinion… admittedly I tweeked mine so both markers and headlight came on with F0 and headlight off on a different function.

On 21/04/2024 at 00:38, charliepetty said:

First time I've seen the Märklin decoder mentioned in combination with the Cavalex 56 - up until now, 59619 and 59629 (nmra compliant) have been mentioned. I'm assumung you've checked that 59659 works and doesn't damage the circuitry connected to pins 4 and 13 in the locomotive ?