Cavalex - all new Class 56 in OO

AY Mod

• RMweb Gold
3 minutes ago, Grimleygrid said:

Cavalex Class 56 update - price release:

919125737_56023Coal-CavalexModels.png.a79413ec25ca79737be6d925a74dba5f.png

Our Class 56 project has been progressing nicely in the tooling stage to a point where we are confident we can release the price of the loco without changing it further into the project - with the RRP being set at £189.95. The price of the DCC fitted and DCC sound versions are TBC at this stage. 

We’re very excited to receive the first shots out of the moulds and will provide a full update on the project once these have been received. 

There’s one final unannounced model in the Cavalex Class 56 range; which Class 56 would you like to see us produce?

Thanks to all of our customers and followers for their overwhelmingly positive reaction to the project so far.

56032 as built please :)

• Like 2

With Hornby pushing their prices for standard models over the £200 mark. I think CavAlex should be commended for doing their best to keep the price down.

Very much looking forward to the release of these and hope they are a success. :lol:

• Like 1
  • Agree 13
  • Thanks 1

Nearly 30 quid below Hornby's RRP, and expecting to be a considerably better model on the specs alone, never mind the excellent build quality that we'll no doubt get.

Bravo Cavalex. Faith in the hobby restored for good value!

• Like 5

6 minutes ago, Trains4U said:

As previously stated 

all versions are available to pre-order with us, with no deposit required.

(link to the order form is on our homepage)

www.Trains4U.com

I have the Colas version on pre-order with you. If I were to change my mind at some point and go for the DC Rail one would it be a major issue? I'm torn between the two...

4 minutes ago, Midnight-Freight said:

I have the Colas version on pre-order with you. If I were to change my mind at some point and go for the DC Rail one would it be a major issue? I'm torn between the two...

Not at all!

you can modify your form yourself 

or just ask and I can do it for you

(or you could push the boat out and get both! ;))

Edited by Trains4U

2 hours ago, Grimleygrid said:

Cavalex Class 56 update - price release:

919125737_56023Coal-CavalexModels.png.a79413ec25ca79737be6d925a74dba5f.png

Our Class 56 project has been progressing nicely in the tooling stage to a point where we are confident we can release the price of the loco without changing it further into the project - with the RRP being set at £189.95. The price of the DCC fitted and DCC sound versions are TBC at this stage. 

We’re very excited to receive the first shots out of the moulds and will provide a full update on the project once these have been received. 

There’s one final unannounced model in the Cavalex Class 56 range; which Class 56 would you like to see us produce?

Thanks to all of our customers and followers for their overwhelmingly positive reaction to the project so far.

Dear Cavalex, 

Just a line to say I've finally sorted the 'Stewart's Lane 2022 Traction Policy' and placed an order for one of these machines in 'Construction' sector livery. 

Looking forward to seeing more than one on the layout eventually though! 

All The Best, 

Kindest Regards, 

Shed. 

• Like 1

Dutch please, and one which could be a Dutch T as noted above.

Well done guys, the price is high but more than competitive and does make you question how other manufacturers can justify higher prices for toolings which are getting on a bit.

I think these will sell well and look forward to seeing what is up next!

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

• RMweb Gold

Very impressed with the price of the DC as I was expecting it to be hitting nearer the £200 mark.  Now the next big question, do you have a approximate time scale for the decorated samples for us to drool over?

I’d love to throw a wildcard in for a unannounced Class 56, and that’s 56042 with it’s CP3 bogies, with liveries in BR blue and Railfreight.

• RMweb Gold
On 19/01/2022 at 12:00, Grimleygrid said:

Whilst our design and tooling allow for us to produce 56010 with the larger headlight, we wanted to offer a BR Blue Romanian example in as built condition in the first run. As I am sure you can appreciate, with 134 examples to choose from (56042 requires different bogies), it was a difficult task choosing which locomotives, cab style, era, and liveries, to release first.

Maybe you could re-use them on another class in the future ?

:senile: