Juneero multi purpose hand press

Anyone got instructions, diagrams of a vintage "Juneero" bench press especially the extra attachments.  

20210619_093930.jpg.c0c5037aea379b26e5c0a033c99078ab.jpg

My grandfather had one popular just after WW2, believe modelled on a ministry of work multi use bench press.  It could bend small strips or rods of metal, punch, sheer, cut, bend 90deg, used to make parts for war production like instruments parts etc. I've seen a pathe news reel "Workers at home 1941" using them to make parts for Smith's aircraft instruments. Unfortunately my grandfather's one rusted away and was lost in a house clearance 

Fortunately I got one recently off a car boot, also found in the same stall was 100's of part assembled motor brushes for what looks like triang x04 motors and Hornby dublo brushes. Clearly the tool has been used in production for these by someone.

Model Engineer circular 1946 shows them advertised with lots of attachments, jigs which are missing on this quite clean and working example

• Like 1

• RMweb Gold

My father had one of these, which I managed to break when trying to cut something outside its capability. I later  bought a replacement I found in a junk shop. I have a stock of the metal strip, rod, and even some corrugated metal which I think was part of the range. All this is packed away somewhere, unless it has rusted away. I don't remember any accessories or documentation, but if I can dig it out I will have a look. I still use the soldering iron rest my father made. It must  date from the fifties as it has been about for as long as I remember.

Dave

Thanks Dave, perhaps should of "Google" it first quite a bit of information about them, seems first came out 1936, remained in production during and  the after war.

Very handy tools especially for plastic and repeated cutting operations plus has the hole punch at. Seems at the time a kind of make your own Meccano as found instructions on how to make tinplate "O" gauge signals, and wagons

• Like 1