Early version of Bachmann class 158 - directional lights

TEAMYAKIMA

Hello

The early version of the 158 - did it have lights in both the power car and trailer or just the power car?  I have seen one for sale where the seller says the lights are only in the poswer car and he doesn't know if that is a fault or just the way they are.

Thanks

Paul

28 minutes ago, TEAMYAKIMA said:

Hello

The early version of the 158 - did it have lights in both the power car and trailer or just the power car?  I have seen one for sale where the seller says the lights are only in the poswer car and he doesn't know if that is a fault or just the way they are.

Thanks

Paul

What are you calling 'early' version? Mine are 30+ years old and I'm sure they have lights at both ends - I can check later and confirm.

• Agree 1

18 minutes ago, Graham108 said:

What are you calling 'early' version? Mine are 30+ years old and I'm sure they have lights at both ends - I can check later and confirm.

Catalogue 31-503, yes I guess it's 30 years old - not the re-tooled version. Thanks

They had lights at both ends. Yellow for forward running and red for the tail lights. The wires that run from the lighting PCB’s to the pickups are too short and rather tight. If you’re any good with a soldering iron it’s a fairly straight forward fix. It’s the swing on the bogies that causes the wire(s) to become detached from the pickup it’s soldered to. On the box I’m sure it states a minimum 2nd radius but if you run longer/larger curves, it’s not so much of an issue.

Edited by Shoey

26 minutes ago, Shoey said:

They had lights at both ends. Yellow for forward running and red for the tail lights. The wires that run from the lighting PCB’s to the pickups are too short and rather tight. If you’re any good with a soldering iron it’s a fairly straight forward fix. It’s the swing on the bogies that causes the wire(s) to become detached from the pickup it’s soldered to. On the box I’m sure it states a minimum 2nd radius but if you run longer/larger curves, it’s not so much of an issue.

Thank you