These colour light signals won't actually work, but they'll look good!

I just thought you'd like to see the second test print of a signal for my exhibition layout. I realise they won't light up, but TBH working colour light signals tend to look overscale to me and I know they're not British, but they'll look good on my Chinese HO layout - thanks Al Turner. :)

received_992375114867531.jpeg.9abfa992c5098f94fa2a13c80318eec8.jpeg

• Like 7

• RMweb Gold

Working / non-working colour light signals is an interesting decision.

Viewers expect to see them work and it does add to the interest of the layout.

But, in reality, from the angle that the viewers are looking from, on this layout and many others, they would not be able to see what the signal was showing. On the real railway, the signal lens concentrates the light towards where it is needed - the driver.

• Like 2

• RMweb Gold
1 hour ago, Joseph_Pestell said:

Viewers expect to see them work and it does add to the interest of the layout.

But, in reality, from the angle that the viewers are looking from, on this layout and many others, they would not be able to see what the signal was showing. On the real railway, the signal lens concentrates the light towards where it is needed - the driver.

You're being far too practical and missing the point of working colour light signals, it's more switches to throw on the control panel/wurlitzer, what's not to like!

Mike.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Joseph_Pestell said:

in reality, from the angle that the viewers are looking from, on this layout and many others, they would not be able to see what the signal was showing. On the real railway, the signal lens concentrates the light towards where it is needed - the driver.

Absolutely.