American Kits/Materials Suppliers in UK

josh_will

• RMweb Premium
6 hours ago, Penrhos1920 said:

Does anyone know a uk supplier/distributor for InterMountain?  I need some of their semi scale wagon wheels.  Thanks 

Mech Models (mech-models.com) do

• 1 month later...
  • RMweb Premium

Kent Garden Railway also has a small range of stock and prices don't seem to bad!, sadly their website is down at the moment. I believe he is happy to order in stock/items.

No connection other than as a customer.

James Lucas.

NMRA British Region Members Registrar & Renewals Officer.

Edited by GW Jim
updating
  • Thanks 1

• 1 month later...

For selected small parts I have good experience with ebay seller EXPRESSHOBBY. Bulk packs of Kadees with less than £3 shipping to the UK, for example. Its better to purchase separate small packages and pay the low postage because they are much less likely to attract customs and import charges. I know it doesn't make a lot of sense but that's what I have found.      

For DCC decoders, TCS have a dedicated UK distributor with the range of available products priced in GB pounds on their web pages. For example, £25 for drop in decoders for N scale diesels represents good value in my opinion. Order tracking is very good and delivery has been a couple of working days for me. 

Phil

• Like 1

• 1 year later...
  • RMweb Premium

With UK based suppliers of US HO detailing parts now seemingly all but exhausted and with no sign of anymore coming over, I cast the net wider.  US suppliers seem to have stock of most items but the USPS want a mortgage for postage.

However, try Canada I suddenly thought and struck lucky with a company called TMR Distributing of Ontario ( https://www.tmrdistributing.com/presta/index.php ) who seem to stock a wide range of detail parts from several ranges including a few I had not previously encountered, they also have Microscale transfers as well.

Thought I would give them a try, put an order in for a significant amount of detailing parts plus a couple of Microscale transfer sheets, postage was very reasonable indeed and arrived with no nasty import charges/fees (maybe I was lucky?) in less than a week.

In addition, if your order is over $75 Canadian dollars, you automatically get a 5% discount!!

Edited by John M Upton
  • Like 3
  • Agree 1
  • Informative/Useful 2

I’ve dealt with TMR in the past at shows here in Ontario and can vouch for both range of parts and service. TMR, like many dealers theses days, operates out of his basement with no brick and mortar shop. Each weekend that there is a show in southern Ontario it’s load up the van and Terry, along with a few other dedicated types, will be there.  A hard life, particularly at this time of year what with the snow and cold.

Cheers,

David

Edited by davknigh
Add info
  • Like 1

• 6 months later...
  • RMweb Premium
On 04/03/2023 at 11:18, John M Upton said:

With UK based suppliers of US HO detailing parts now seemingly all but exhausted and with no sign of anymore coming over, I cast the net wider.  US suppliers seem to have stock of most items but the USPS want a mortgage for postage.

However, try Canada I suddenly thought and struck lucky with a company called TMR Distributing of Ontario ( https://www.tmrdistributing.com/presta/index.php ) who seem to stock a wide range of detail parts from several ranges including a few I had not previously encountered, they also have Microscale transfers as well.

Thought I would give them a try, put an order in for a significant amount of detailing parts plus a couple of Microscale transfer sheets, postage was very reasonable indeed and arrived with no nasty import charges/fees (maybe I was lucky?) in less than a week.

In addition, if your order is over $75 Canadian dollars, you automatically get a 5% discount!!

Having read this I decided to to try them for some Kadee bits and pieces. Can't fault them. Ordered them on Monday 18th September, arrived today, Friday 22 September!! Only $CAD12 for postage to the UK.  I've had longer waits for stuff from UK shops. Highly recommended.

Lee

• Like 1
  • Agree 2
  • Informative/Useful 1