PFA Wagons in Scotland

sulzer71

Good Afternoon

I recently came across some pictures on Flickr of a Class 37 hauling Cawoods PFA wagons at Thurso and Georgemas in the mid 90's , does anyone know any more info on this service and how long it ran for etc? Also were there any other operations that used PFA wagons along West Highland/Far North routes? Tia

After the Enterprise network started, containerised coal was handled at Aberdeen Craiginches Yard, Elgin East Yard,  Inverness Harbour branch and Thurso. I'm not sure if Georgemas was used for offloading containers. From memory, they ran for about 5 years from mid 90's to early 2000's

• Like 1

2 hours ago, clachnaharry said:

After the Enterprise network started, containerised coal was handled at Aberdeen Craiginches Yard, Elgin East Yard,  Inverness Harbour branch and Thurso. I'm not sure if Georgemas was used for offloading containers. From memory, they ran for about 5 years from mid 90's to early 2000's

Thanks , I will have to see if I can find more pictures , the picture at Georgemas was just the train passing through there

On 23/06/2021 at 20:48, black and decker boy said:

These flows transitioned from the ex-Cawoods yellow to the bright BFL Red boxes but a mix of both was also common

Thanks for that info , don't suppose you know any links to photo's by any chance?