HELJAN PROGRESS REPORT – JUNE 2021

AY Mod

Good news for those modelling in the 'Senior' scale. Nice to see some 'new' old faces coming back for us in the smaller scale ;) . Could be an expensive 12 - 24 months ahead.

Cheers,

Philip

20 hours ago, Courtybella said:

Fantastic to see a flow of information coming from manufacturers to consumers, almost as good as Accurascale in that department, hopefully another manufacturer based in the best country in the Union could follow that lead…..

To a certain degree, however one noticeable absence from the update was the next 'oo' gauge model expected to be released,  the AEC railcar. There was described detail about the next 009 and 0 gauge models progress and where they were re delivery,  however the railcar was left to be a line in the table, where we learnt it was still 'in production' and with a revised expected date of July/August (had been advertised by Heljan in mag adverts as May availability), which was not particularly helpful, as if still 'in production" in late June  then July is a non starter for a delivery by shipping. I'd have hoped for more detail about the progress of this model. Otherwise it was a useful update.

1 hour ago, Monkersson said:

Its a Model Rail magazine commission, rather than a direct Heljan product, any updates will be on the relevant thread

Perhaps it's time Model Rail had a thread in the Trade & Products Zone - like the traders who've gone in for commissioning have !!?! ............. as it is, the only 'relevant thread' I can find is within the Heljan section - and that's not been updated since it was last updated !

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, rembrow said:

To a certain degree, however one noticeable absence from the update was the next 'oo' gauge model expected to be released,  the AEC railcar. There was described detail about the next 009 and 0 gauge models progress and where they were re delivery,  however the railcar was left to be a line in the table, where we learnt it was still 'in production' and with a revised expected date of July/August (had been advertised by Heljan in mag adverts as May availability), which was not particularly helpful, as if still 'in production" in late June  then July is a non starter for a delivery by shipping. I'd have hoped for more detail about the progress of this model. Otherwise it was a useful update.

Any news even if one or two projects are missing is a huge leap forward, we all some manufacturers treat product updates like state secrets then probably take umbridge when they get slated.

• Agree 1

On 26/06/2021 at 20:52, Night Train said:

I like the CCT. Might "need" one of those at some point.

Yes it does look nice, I can't put my finger on it but it looks more refined than the similar GUV so great to see Heljan making the effort on this; enough to convince me to order one!

Any chances of a few 86/4 pictures?

I have the new AL6 in early rail blue livery and I love it, though I did notice there were a couple of little details incorrect for the period on the later BR blue versions. 

I thought also the pantograph could have been better.   The 86/4s carried at least 3 different types of pantograph I beleive. Will each example be represented, or will all locos produced be ones that carried the Stone & Faively AMBR (bicycle frame) type, as per the AL6 version?