Rapido youtube channel

davebem

Im not sure how it works, but the Rapido youtube channel randomly appeared on my youtube, perhaps Alexa is listening to my conversations or a tracking cookie from this sub forum or something!  Anyway its worth a watch, its made me realise something that is glaringly missing with other manufacturers that operate in the UK...a sense of humour.  I think the hobby really needs this approach from a manufacturer and I would encourage Rapido to put some UK product coverage on their channel too please? Maybe something to match the Rapido 'fishbowl' bus canadian tour, but with a uk flavour Bedford VAL instead (added to n gauge wishlist) .. :D

• Like 1
  • Interesting/Thought-provoking 1

• RMweb Gold
10 hours ago, davebem said:

its made me realise something that is glaringly missing with other manufacturers that operate in the UK...a sense of humour

I would disagree to a certain extent, have you seen the wheel diameter and axle lengths of some RTR stock?!!

Mike.

• Funny 3

Rapido do make good content on their channel but whilst it would be good for UK modellers to be more inventive when it comes to marketing I fear taking the Rapido direction may go against them.

The guys at Accurascale have a good friendly presence that has won them fans and they are lighthearted in their content, probably the closest we will see to a Rapido style.  While they have delivered plenty of solid products so far, there are some murmurings online concerning the delays in locomotives.  A marketing venture Rapido style may backfire and those murmurers get louder i.e. once the locos start arriving then they would be in a much better place to develop their social media should they want to, but if what they currently do works, why force yourself into something else that may not be comfortable.

Bachmann with peoples perceptions on price and delays attached to a general quietness on social media would not see any benefit from Rapido style, Hornby are good at cheesy social media so would clearly be out of their depth Rapido style and Dapol don't win awards for their forum management let alone video content so similarly should steer clear.  Heljan is quite quiet or seemingly so with just general updates that get posted here, sort of quiet efficient development, it works for them.

That leaves other smaller manufacturers, RevolutioN have their own Facebook live events that suits their style, Cavalex do their thing and people like what they produce which doesn't appear to need any Rapido style video.   That sort of leaves just KR Models, I really think Rapido style videos would backfire with them, they tend to find themselves already up against it with some modellers, so an in your face video may really not win them more friends.

Rapido are unique I think and that comes down to the chap who runs the company, he's cultivated a style that makes it all look easy but underneath it is solid desire to deliver high quality, if the trains were not quality then the marketing wouldn't work

• Like 1
  • Agree 2

• 2 weeks later...