New guy, plus question on Bachmann 205

Hey all,

I am new here, i am in the middle of doing my baseboards for my southern region layout which will be based on a Factious Kentish town between 1964 - 1975ish so i can run a range of stock from Steam to Slam Door EMU's and DEMU's and DMU's.  And some visitors from other areas. Ranging from BR Green to BR Blue to Blue/Grey. My friend has tried to talking me to increase my date to include NSE but as of yet i am undecided.

Anyway on to my question, I already have a couple of Bachmann OO Gauge Class 205 DEMU in BR Green, i have been looking to increase my stock. I have searched online but have come up short but was this ever released in Blue/Grey?

• RMweb Gold

Might be an idea to turn back your envisaged starting date a couple of years or so as steam diagrams would have been virtually eliminated in Kent by ‘64. There were always exceptions of course, with the odd, mostly Redhill based engines showing up in the west of the county.

• RMweb Premium
8 minutes ago, Right Away said:

Might be an idea to turn back your envisaged starting date a couple of years or so as steam diagrams would have been virtually eliminated in Kent by ‘64. There were always exceptions of course, with the odd, mostly Redhill based engines showing up in the west of the county.

Indeed

The ex LDCR lines to the coast got 3rd rail in 1959, with the ex SER lines being done by 1961. Steam was effectively gone from the South eastern division by 1962.

• Agree 1