4mm Fishkind Lettering Decal Source - 'Pike' (former SPA) open wagon - Now Resolved

Good afternoon all,

I am repurposing an SPA open wagon for engineering use and looking for a decal for the fishkind 'PIKE' name these wagons acquired whilst in that role.  Does anybody know of a suitable source, please? Don't mind whether its rubdown or waterslide.  I am quite happy to mask and paint the surrounding yellow background panel, but I think hand-painting the lettering these days is a bit beyond my hands and my eyes! :-) (NB.  I have considered hand-writing it with a Sharpie marker, which trials indicated was okay but not great).  Grateful for any advice, please.  Many thanks,

Paul

Sheet 4T37 from Appleby Model Engineering has PIKE markings, both Black and White, along with a couple of  wagon TOPS panel and ZAA coding's.

£5.00 + 80p P&P

A quick Email to check with John for availability helps ...  john@jaatalbot.plus.com   

Meld

• Thanks 1

5 hours ago, railtec-models said:

Whilst I don't have off-the-shelf PIKE lettering (yet), would this offering help you?

https://www.railtec-models.com/showitem.php?id=3641

Steve

Steve,

thank you - it might well do.  I will start with the AME route as suggested later in the thread, but I will keep you in mind - wasn't aware of your service previously.

Cheers,

Paul

I'm not sure, but I think the PIKE lettering may be included on Modelmasters 4M4867, which was originally produced as CT4 by Cambrian for their kits, which includes the SPA.

https://modelmaster.uk/4mm-british-railways-wagons-1965-1990s/728-4m4867-ex-cambrian-kits-sheet-ct4-for-engineers-wagons-reprinting-due-november-2020.html

Unfortunately, I can't find an image of the transfer set to confirm, so you'd need to confirm with them before ordering.

• Thanks 1

Good evening all,

thank you to everyone who offered help and advice with my question.  I have now sourced the necessary items from John Talbot and I am beginning to get quite excited at the prospect of actually finishing a wagon I started (and painted) in 1998; that has to be some sort of record, surely?  A very, very long player...

Best wishes and stay safe,

Paul

• Grampus changed the title to 4mm Fishkind Lettering Decal Source - 'Pike' (former SPA) open wagon - Now Resolved