Please use M,M&M only for topics that do not fit within other forum areas. All topics posted here await admin team approval to ensure they don't belong elsewhere.

Charity for model railway items

The New Mills and District Railway Modellers collect model railway items to sell on behalf of Blythe house Hospice; some online and some at exhibitions. Over £100,000 has been raised over about 20 years.

See nmdrm.co.uk and follow Blythe House Information

Peter

Don't give them to a charity shop,  unless you can guarantee they are going to send them for auction or put them on their eBay store.

I heard of one recently that had loads of model railway stuff and diecast cars donated and it was all in the bin the next day. I wish I would have known at the time as I would have liberated it.

I work in a charity shop. I just wouldn't recommend giving certain items to them. Model railways is one.

Jason

• Like 2
  • Agree 3
  • Informative/Useful 2

I haven't bought Railway Modeller for many years  but there used to be a regular classified ad from a Retired Police Sergeant collecting items for a charity - can't remember which one. Wonder if he's still active?

Hi Brian I am sure you have the likes of the old Dart Valley Railway at Buckfastleigh or even  the likes of Launcston Steam Railway may be able to help you out, there are a few modellers at the later worth giving them a ring.

If not give the 009 society a ring as they sell model railway bits for members, recently they have had a few collections given to them to sell you end up with some cash and the world of modelling gets you unwanted items.

Another place to try would be Rails of Sheffield as they sell second hand models.

Colin Rainsbury 

Edited by Baldwin30762
  • Thanks 1