Class 50’s I hope Hornby do eventually.

TravisM

• RMweb Gold

I contacted Hornby regarding future releases of their Class 50 but not yet had a response.  I’ve suggested D400/50050 in it’s present guise, 50017 in early NSE livery, 50001 in revised NSE livery and maybe another one of the un-refurbished loco’s.

I realise that there are others that people would like to see, but given the uproar over the shade of blue regarding the GBRf 50007 and 50049, it would be great to see Hornby release a new run, correct colours and popular liveries.

• RMweb Gold

50032 Courageous with its blue nameplate & NSE logos on the headcode box, unweathered.

But then again not, I bought 50026 in July 2017, and its still only part renumbered as 032 now, some how slipped off my radar.

Edited by adb968008
  • Like 1
  • Agree 1

How about 50020 or 50046 in bog standard BR blue with single central(ish) arrow logos, to run alongside all those blue Westerns on mid-70s layouts out there? Never produced in RTR, even by Lima!

Why these two? Because they were named 'Revenge' and 'Ajax' respectively with their central(ish) BR arrows still in place.

Edited by Neil Phillips
Mis-spelling
  • Like 1

• RMweb Premium
46 minutes ago, Neil Phillips said:

How about…… to run alongside all those blue Westerns on mid-70s layouts out there?

An unnamed 50 in BR blue with the loco number (50xx) in the headcode panel would be very welcome. Named 50s are too late to run with Westerns, unless rule 1 is applied.

Edited by brushman47544
Addition.

• RMweb Gold
1 minute ago, 'CHARD said:

They did it as running in April 1968 condition.

And the difference between April and July condition is?

As far as I know,  I don't think that they have done any of the first refurbished class 50's in BR blue.  I think there was 50006,  50013, and 50047.  May have been a couple more before the large logo livery was a adopted.

One think I would like to see improved is the 'gimmicky' working louvres!   

You could always buy one of the previous releases and have it resprayed, it would save any disappointment if Hornby get the colours wrong/printing details wrong, or if it sells out before you get a chance to order it.

Supporting our cottage industries too...

• Agree 1

7 hours ago, jools1959 said:

Hornby have already done this.

To be pedantic,  not really in 1968 condition. The model has the cab handrails fitted which D400/50050 has never had. One end of D406 had a cab handrail fitted in a different position to all the others. 

1 hour ago, irishmail said:

As far as I know,  I don't think that they have done any of the first refurbished class 50's in BR blue.  I think there was 50006,  50013, and 50047.  May have been a couple more before the large logo livery was a adopted.

One think I would like to see improved is the 'gimmicky' working louvres!   

To my mind, the working louvres are the worst feature of the model. On the real thing, the third louvres look a little different from the other two but on the model they look very different and  badly executed. In any case, to move them the model needs to be inverted and a hook fiddled with. Yuk!

• Agree 2

• RMweb Gold
5 minutes ago, GNR Dave said:

So that's 9 liveries suggested in just 12 hours of posting.

Don't hold your collective breaths chaps.

And no one mentioned intercity either, or Bulwark yet

Edited by adb968008

14 hours ago, brushman47544 said:

Named 50s are too late to run with Westerns, unless rule 1 is applied.

Agreed - I was just pointing out the simple naming possibilities for anyone who may already own either or both of the plain blue named releases (50018 & 50037 from memory).

I tend to restrict the use of Rule 1 to the absolute minimum, it keeps spending under control! :rolleyes::no:

Why not unnumbered versions in the various liveries and allow us modellers to decide which loco we want. Provide simple rub on numbers for the masses. And please make the colours a better shade. 

• Like 1

• RMweb Gold
5 hours ago, 50033 said:

Why not unnumbered versions in the various liveries and allow us modellers to decide which loco we want. Provide simple rub on numbers for the masses. And please make the colours a better shade. 

That's a bit optimistic expecting some modelling on a wish list thread :D

• Like 1