Jump to content

Healey road - a 90s ish O gauge layout


d winpenny
 Share

Recommended Posts

Thanks ade the width is 12 foot across so I’m thinking in the region of 5/5.5ft radius in my mind I don’t have a concrete plan as such I just know I’m having a double track loop with some sidings

 

david

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, pwr said:

I am very jealous of the space you have - one of the advantages of an older house I guess!

 

Paul R

Yeah, If I had that much room Seven Mills would definately NOT be for sale, fabulous, David.:good: 

Link to post
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, woodenhead said:

Please please put something around the hole in the floor....

I think that's the light coming through the Velux window mate.

 

But yes, every hole in the floor needs protecting, don't ask me how I know.:scared:

Link to post
Share on other sites

54 minutes ago, Andrew P said:

I think that's the light coming through the Velux window mate.

 

But yes, every hole in the floor needs protecting, don't ask me how I know.:scared:

No. there is a hole with steps....

  • Informative/Useful 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

12 hours ago, pwr said:

I am very jealous of the space you have - one of the advantages of an older house I guess!

 

Paul R

Yes definitely the advantage of an ex 1940s council house

 

11 hours ago, Andrew P said:

Yeah, If I had that much room Seven Mills would definately NOT be for sale, fabulous, David.:good: 

Thanks Andy 

 

10 hours ago, woodenhead said:

Please please put something around the hole in the floor....

Don’t panic before any rolling stock goes near that side of the layout I will be building a substantial hatch cover 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

25 minutes ago, d winpenny said:

Don’t panic before any rolling stock goes near that side of the layout I will be building a substantial hatch cover 

 

It's the driver I am concerned about :jester:

  • Funny 2
Link to post
Share on other sites

  • 2 weeks later...

the stock selection and nature of the layout makes me think if youtube footage of class 37's leaving a yard in Scotland with a fury of sound and exhaust , which could be created in o gauge on your layout

 

 

 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

I have made some progress one circuit is completed an electrically tested but I’m currently waiting for some more cork to get the second one done.

 

On 09/08/2021 at 12:13, chickensoup said:

Very good progress - what do you have in mind for the scenics and buildings if any?

 

Did you model in 00 Gauge one time?

 

CS

 


I’ll be honest I’ve not put an immense amount of thought into it beyond the two circuits and some sidings idea probably basic scenics some ballast and grass small line side building and some signals. Yes I did at one time I’ve had maybe 3 layouts on here at some point or another.

 

 

On 09/08/2021 at 13:54, sidmouth said:

the stock selection and nature of the layout makes me think if youtube footage of class 37's leaving a yard in Scotland with a fury of sound and exhaust , which could be created in o gauge on your layout

 

 

Great video cheers for sharing 

 

On 09/08/2021 at 18:23, bigdaveadams1 said:

Looking forward to visiting once I’ve bought some more locos and rolling stock :D;)

You’ll be more than welcome 

 

david

Link to post
Share on other sites

On 09/08/2021 at 13:54, sidmouth said:

the stock selection and nature of the layout makes me think if youtube footage of class 37's leaving a yard in Scotland with a fury of sound and exhaust , which could be created in o gauge on your layout

 

 

 

 

Yes - guilty as charged and it was all a good laugh back then wasn't it? -  but the penny has finally dropped Clag and Coal goodness - what on earth were we thinking?

Link to post
Share on other sites

Well since i completed the first loop I’ve had some fun testing and so far I’ve had pretty much no issues apart from my skytrex PCAs I think I’ve isolated it to one wagon so that’s been red carded till I can figure out what the issue is.

 

3E5459C4-6DCC-4C35-8DD1-7C4720815C89.jpeg.a1665ef4e16028c6aa6e122356ea89a7.jpeg538F5ABB-D200-4D18-A323-EC4851074704.jpeg.44c80708f118f5b444da34cbfdddb8e5.jpeg

 

david

  • Like 10
  • Round of applause 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

10 hours ago, Crisis Rail said:

Cant beat a decent run session.

 

How many PCA in rake David?

 

And what controller and ampage output are you at?

 

Cheers

Currently got 10 including the ‘cripple’ might do 15. I’m using an NCE powercab with the 5amp smart booster.

 

10 hours ago, chickensoup said:

So far so good. What a good running length. And just perfect for a scenic modelled middle hidden by breaks (Bridges?) either side?

 

CS

 Thanks probably going to have at least 1 bridge to break up the loop.

Link to post
Share on other sites

 

Well that’s both loops laid and running a few running issues on the inner loop with buffer lock but think I’ve solved it but more tests need to be done to be sure.

 

62B86F42-1ADA-4FFC-820A-B51172B9CC4C.jpeg.df8d359f5f6f7e51558f9d7c1a520b13.jpeg

typical not quite enough reach

 

7EC82C4D-625C-4AA0-80BB-E7330994621B.jpeg.0748bdae2fb39b5a1eb817492000163f.jpeg

Start of one set of storage sidings 

 

F52B530B-FF62-4D28-8BF6-6A45785470F1.jpeg.11dd4cf1a81c443d705a3cea4616804f.jpeg

 

EF4D3445-0ACB-4B12-B9DD-C1B2DA8CE224.jpeg.d1b03ac0f55c2c7c40dc61e3b33eabd0.jpeg

 

E4DE1573-8160-4B41-8426-22B0F5194396.jpeg.42e61d291edad40cc3a6c36184807726.jpeg

And the start of testing 

 

david

 

  • Like 10
Link to post
Share on other sites

  • 4 weeks later...
On 22/08/2021 at 17:18, d winpenny said:

 

Well that’s both loops laid and running a few running issues on the inner loop with buffer lock but think I’ve solved it but more tests need to be done to be sure.

 

62B86F42-1ADA-4FFC-820A-B51172B9CC4C.jpeg.df8d359f5f6f7e51558f9d7c1a520b13.jpeg

typical not quite enough reach

 

7EC82C4D-625C-4AA0-80BB-E7330994621B.jpeg.0748bdae2fb39b5a1eb817492000163f.jpeg

Start of one set of storage sidings 

 

F52B530B-FF62-4D28-8BF6-6A45785470F1.jpeg.11dd4cf1a81c443d705a3cea4616804f.jpeg

 

EF4D3445-0ACB-4B12-B9DD-C1B2DA8CE224.jpeg.d1b03ac0f55c2c7c40dc61e3b33eabd0.jpeg

 

E4DE1573-8160-4B41-8426-22B0F5194396.jpeg.42e61d291edad40cc3a6c36184807726.jpeg

And the start of testing 

 

david

 

 

You won the lottery?  *HAA :D

 

 

 

Edited by Crisis Rail
Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

×
×
  • Create New...