N Gauge 40ft HCs and Tanks "new stock"

arran

• RMweb Premium

Nice one!

I’ve been telling Ben and Mike for a while that we needed brown containers, especially TEX.... :good:

Other notable brown coloured HC containers that we could do with include Triton, Genstar, Beacon, Magellan, Chronos, CAI (technically red), MSC (technically maroon), plus others....

If you watch YouTube videos of intermodal flows, it is noticeable that typically they are mostly grey (generally Maersk) or brown coloured containers.... 

10 hours ago, davebem said:

That's great news as I have some empty flats in my rake.  Are the high cubes ok for circa 1990 trains? 

HI Dave 

Tex back to early 90s for sure , Hyundai sort of but this one has the web details on so slightly later in the period.

The tanks are closer to the 2000s on.

Regards Arran

• 3 weeks later...
  • RMweb Premium

Hi @arran would you ever consider doing an RTR 20ft container in N gauge?.... the Farish and Dapol examples are relatively hard to find these days (albeit they do pop up on EBay) and there are loads of liveries not yet covered.

I also notice that the Farish containers are slightly wider than yours (at a guess I would think their width is incorrect), but it is somewhat apparent if you have Farish 20ft adjacent to one of your 40ft HC on a KFA for example.... the width disparity isn’t massive, but it would be nice if we had 20ft containers same width as the 40ft HC - so that makes another good reason to do them :D  !

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, JR_P said:

I also notice that the Farish containers are slightly wider than yours (at a guess I would think their width is incorrect), but it is somewhat apparent if you have Farish 20ft adjacent to one of your 40ft HC on a KFA for example.... the width disparity isn’t massive, but it would be nice if we had 20ft containers same width as the 40ft HC - so that makes another good reason to do them :D  !

Hmmmmm!

Last week I was loading up some containers on my KFA's and noticed the same thing, the Farish 20 footers were wider than the C-Rail and Dapol offerings.

BUT, on closer inspection, I think it was an optical illusion, I measured them up and the Farish container bodies are the same width as C-Rail and Dapol. but the retaining lugs protrude from the sides of the Farish containers, so even if they are lined up properly on the wagon they look to be too wide.

Of course you also have to remove all the lugs and pips from the bottom of the containers so that you can mix and match different manufacturer's boxes on the same wagons.

Regards,

John P

HI All

The corner castings are often over emphasized on models  "not C Rail"  and this distracts from the models when compared to ones that are close to scale . 

I bet that's no more overhang than 10 to 12mm .

As for the future ?    More N gauge will happen but when i wont divulge like all the others that have been done you will know when i have at the earliest some decorated samples.

Regards Arran

IMG_1579.jpg.e32643f79915c2d8e8e4ffdda3236fec.jpg

• Like 1