To stimulate discussion, post photos and exchange ideas, and (being an open public forum) help encourage others to try S scale modelling.

Cambrian 4 Wheel Coaches Parts and Assembly

Timber

Finally a cosmetic front is added to the solebar.  It may require a little adjustment of the legs to align the etch to the legs.  But I like this feature as it keeps the solebars nice and clean.

I use a contact adhesive, evostick or something similar to hold this in place and push it home with a small glass fibre brush.

cam20.JPG

cam21.JPG

• Like 7

The 3D printed interior is designed to hold the body shape and allow space for glazing.

Once fitted and glazing in place the seat ends can be blended to the side of the coach with plastic filler.

cam10.JPG

• Like 3

The interior is placed inside the coach and drilled though the fixing holes in the base of the coach.  It is then held in place together with the V hang

Uploaded Images

er by 4 6BA bolts.  The V hanger sits closest to the end with no steps,

cam12.JPG

cam13.JPG

cam15.JPG

• Like 3

The roof can either be the etch on the kit or a 3D printed roof.  Oil lamps are a seperate print and will be added later.  I originally made a roof with the oil lamps as part of the print but they really need to be printed with two different types of plastic hence why I decided to seperate.

IMG_3596.JPG

Edited by Timber
  • Like 6

On 11/07/2021 at 20:45, Timber said:

The 3D printed interior is designed to hold the body shape and allow space for glazing.

Once fitted and glazing in place the seat ends can be blended to the side of the coach with plastic filler.

cam10.JPG

I was wondering if the 3D printed interiors could be used, possibly with some modification by the builder, for other makes and types of coaches?

Scott

Scott - yes these can be printed on a filament printer for a few pennies so if any members need one for their project then happy to help.  The roof and axleboxes are printed via Shapeways as they need a better finish than I can achieve at home.  

• Like 1

Finished coach...I use Subuteo supporters for passengers.  They can be picked up on ebay for a reasonable price.  

I finished in Brecon and Merthyr livery rather than Cambrian.  Throughout the history of the two companies there were frequent disputes over ownership.  The B&M appeared to borrow stock from other companies and moved it to parts of their network where it was unlikely to be spotted.  I also finished with spoked wheels as the early B&M coaches had the same.

Post a test build the parts will be available if anyone is interested.

done.JPG

Edited by Timber
  • Like 6