Bachmann 47711 on eBay - released or a scam?

GD

A quick search into google will show that this is to be released by Bachmann. 

A link to it on their site from said Google search brings you to this: 

https://www.Bachmann.co.uk/product/class-47-7-47711-'greyfriars-bobby'-br-blue-(large-logo)/31-665 

Add that its all on ebay, (which means there is a way to dispute a scam and thus people will be much less likely to do it as it will cost them to put the product/sale right) - gives you some protection as well if you were interested in the sale. 

All looks good to me. 

10 minutes ago, The Black Hat said:

A quick search into google will show that this is to be released by Bachmann. 

A link to it on their site from said Google search brings you to this: 

https://www.Bachmann.co.uk/product/class-47-7-47711-'greyfriars-bobby'-br-blue-(large-logo)/31-665 

Add that its all on ebay, (which means there is a way to dispute a scam and thus people will be much less likely to do it as it will cost them to put the product/sale right) - gives you some protection as well if you were interested in the sale. 

All looks good to me. 

Ok I would be interested but the guys feedback has put me off to be honest.

• Round of applause 1

• AY Mod changed the title to Bachmann 47711 on eBay - released or a scam?

I note that the E-bay listing states that the product is "New: A brand-new, unused, unopened and undamaged item".  However, the listing describes the model as 'sound fitted' whilst Bachmann's description is that the model is just DCC Ready.  Therefore, if the model is going to be sound fitted, who is doing the installation and why?  What sound chip do they intend using?  If the model is not sound fitted, then it's cheaper to pick it up elsewhere.

I think I'd give it a miss.

Edited by Dungrange
  • Agree 6

• RMweb Premium

This bloke surely isn't an enthusiast, he looks a typical sell anything dealer? Look at his stuff for sale. No returns accepted!

I'd avoid! However, it is up to you isn't it? 

Phil

Edited by Mallard60022
  • Agree 1

• RMweb Premium
1 hour ago, RFS said:

Look at this seller's negative feedback reports.  I wouldn't go near this guy .....

Feedback Reports

Posting images screenshot from the Bachmann web site rather than the actual item allegedly for sale is another warning sign IMHO.

• Agree 3

19 minutes ago, Mallard60022 said:

This bloke surely isn't an enthusiast, he looks a typical sell anything dealer? Look at his stuff for sale. No returns accepted!

I'd avoid! However, it is up to you isn't it? 

Phil

I won't be investing....I'm out

• Agree 1
  • Friendly/supportive 1

It is true that feedback can both be a genuine indication - which I think it is here - a set-up (copied from genuine users, but incorrect) or a character assassination by a rival.

I don't think any salt is required here.

Proven not to be available.

Sound is at best a cost option as well judging by the responses.

Highly unusual.

Al.

Nothing wrong with using stock Bachmann images, several reputable sellers do this for new sales. I buy regularly from one who's entire listings for Bachmann consist of company images. Take a look at the current class 45 listings and there are images of the real loco for some examples. 

Could it have been the 'N' - that's a good question.

I just had a quick look at the original listing.  Very thorough presentation, but I didn't see mention of the scale.

It does mention 'switchable lighting', sprung buffers, etched nameplates - are these also features on N-gauge?

Al.

• RMweb Premium
On 02/07/2021 at 09:50, Dungrange said:

I note that the E-bay listing states that the product is "New: A brand-new, unused, unopened and undamaged item".  However, the listing describes the model as 'sound fitted' whilst Bachmann's description is that the model is just DCC Ready.  Therefore, if the model is going to be sound fitted, who is doing the installation and why?  What sound chip do they intend using?  If the model is not sound fitted, then it's cheaper to pick it up elsewhere.

I think I'd give it a miss.

Bachmann is offering 47711 as both DCC Ready and Sound fitted, so the "New etc..." statement is reasonable. But "Awaiting" on Bachmann's website means production is not currently imminent, indeed could be a year off looking at the other models with estimated availability dates, so where the seller expects to get one from is a mystery.

• RMweb Gold
1 hour ago, GD said:

It seems that this seller has had his ebay account suspended, not sure if this transaction had anything to do with it but there you go. 

Hardly surprising looking now at his negative feedback .