Please use M,M&M only for topics that do not fit within other forum areas. All topics posted here await admin team approval to ensure they don't belong elsewhere.

How many people have more than one layout on the go?

4 or 5 layouts on the go here- I have Long Marton in OO, then I have the Lego layout (nameless...but it's the <O> company transporting plastic people around at speed...), and the N gauge that is on the floor inside, and Canadian Puget Sound II outside that is slowly getting worked on.  (right now there are tree bits to be removed...)

The club has a layout too- that is supposed to come visit me for re wiring from DC to DCC since I wired it to begin with...

James

• Like 4

• RMweb Gold

there are 2 layouts on the go here. One is a 24-wagon shunting puzzle, which is currently stowed away, and my tail-chaser home layout. The tail chaser is still embryonic, but it doesn't stop me stockpiling odds & sods that I know will fit into my minds eye. 

Both layouts lack scenery, and that is intentional. Little point in planting trees & signals when I'm still making baseboards. However, (a real bonus ) is to look at what other modellers are getting up to. By & large, it's mostly "hello, that's nice" and gets filed in the memory bank. 

Having come this far, I'm now concentrating on niche items, which is-are directly related to  where the layout is geographically  located. I'd like to have some 47xx locomotives, but they were banned west of Bristol & Gloucester.  within a 15-mile radius of my preferred location, there were 22 collieries, and that's just one valley. No shortage of examples here.

• Like 1

• 5 months later...
  • RMweb Premium

Not going to get a simple answer to that I'm afraid.

Dunster has been running for over 10 years and lives in my loft when not at the local show. If Grim-up-North (I'll get to that) ever gets completed I'd love to extend Dunster to include Crowcombe, Minehead and possibly Bishops Lydeard. 

Grim-up-North is an ambitious plan that amalgamates 4 layouts between passing loop yards in the garage. Goathland is complete. Queensbury is almost finished and is key to the whole plan. The track is down and wired up on Bradford exchange and this winter I'm bogged down with the large structures for it and lastly there will be a mill town for which I have many mills and warehouses ready to plonk.

There are a few serial layout builders on here of which I'm sure I'm one. It's an addiction and just like other addictions time is borrowed, money unwisely spent, and sometimes it's overwhelming. Just like the serial killer, everything is well organized, I think I'm unstoppable and actually looking forward to getting locked up: In the garage with endless days actually running infinite combinations of trains that is!

Regards Shaun          

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...