Dawes Road mini layout

ricboo

Dawes Road is my 1st venture into O gauge after many years modelling in N gauge. Dawes Road is a small suburban station with small engine shed which serves the nearby Dawes Goods.

20210530_182544.jpg

20210531_100655.jpg

20210603_181510.jpg

• Like 12

Great start!

I spied the research department brake coach in your pictures -= would you be able to expand more on this as I have more than a passing interest in RTC stock

Paul R

• Like 2

Hi Richard.

Welcome to the 0 gauge fold and I must say that your first venture into the King of gauges is fantastic.

May I ask about the machinery in the shed, is it kit or scratch built or was it off the shelf?

Do keep the photos coming and keep up the great work that you are doing.

Rod

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

• RMweb Gold

Dawes Road is a cracking layout but can I ask what grade ballast you have used as it suits the layout really well.

Absolutely love the layout .... Well done

Jim

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

Richard

I would be very interested to know how you did the rivets. I am facing a similar conundrum with my APT in that the trailer cars are covered with them and I am making them out of plastikard. Not yet found a solution other than thinking of Peco track pins.

Paul R

• Like 1

On 17/07/2021 at 09:02, pwr said:

Richard

I would be very interested to know how you did the rivets. I am facing a similar conundrum with my APT in that the trailer cars are covered with them and I am making them out of plastikard. Not yet found a solution other than thinking of Peco track pins.

Paul R

Hi Paul, apologies thought I had replied to this- just getting used to the forum. The rivets are by slaters and come on an a4 sheet. I have seen it done with a rivet tool, like a blunt compass and a hammer, there are also transfers you can get as well. Thanks Richard 

• Informative/Useful 1

18 hours ago, ricboo said:

Hi Paul, apologies thought I had replied to this- just getting used to the forum. The rivets are by slaters and come on an a4 sheet. I have seen it done with a rivet tool, like a blunt compass and a hammer, there are also transfers you can get as well. Thanks Richard 

Thanks Richard

I was not aware of that and I will certainly look at the Slaters website

regards

Paul R

• Like 1