Osborn's Models, Bideford

Haddocksrock

Thanks for that. I hadn't seen that thread.

However I have used them in the recent past and their delivery and subsequent customer service/communication regarding a couple of minor problems was excellent. Which is why I asked regarding this order.

Seems it's hit and miss as to whether you get great or not so great service.

• 3 weeks later...

Update.

In fairness to Osborn's Models I have just received a delivery which consisted of one item from the original order and both items that I added later. The other item from the original order was shown on the advice note as 'not yet available'.

I think they were hanging on to see if that item was delivered to them. So I assume it is now on back order?

So not too bad and I would order from them again. But their communication could be (much?) better.

• Agree 1
  • Interesting/Thought-provoking 1

• 3 weeks later...
  • RMweb Gold

I have an order in at the moment. I did see the message on the website about delays despatching orders at the moment so was content to wait. However on the email invoice it mentions that confirmation of order doesn’t confirm items are in stock. Invoice mentions ringing to confirm. Now I don’t really want to buy from somewhere where the item isn’t in stock so I sent an email asking for confirmation the items exist. . I did try phoning twice but the recorded message said use email. 
Tony

I've ought quite a bit from Osborn's in the past, but I didn't initially understand that they didn't necessarily have the goods in stock, but would order it in. I had to wait until they got stuff, which as I was wanting North American stuff meant it was some time(6 months, I think). They never told me that this was the case until one day I pestered them about a missing part-order. I think it should be a rule of thumb that sellers make it quite clear whether they actually have the item you're wanting before you order. I see that some are now making their online shops more transparent...

• Like 1
  • Agree 2

• RMweb Premium
1 hour ago, Plate Layer said:

I've ought quite a bit from Osborn's in the past, but I didn't initially understand that they didn't necessarily have the goods in stock, but would order it in. I had to wait until they got stuff, which as I was wanting North American stuff meant it was some time(6 months, I think). They never told me that this was the case until one day I pestered them about a missing part-order. I think it should be a rule of thumb that sellers make it quite clear whether they actually have the item you're wanting before you order. I see that some are now making their online shops more transparent...

I agree. I have been caught out several times on different sites that are not that 'sophisticated' as to have a not in stock part.

• 4 weeks later...

I have used Osborn's six times since lockdown started, and found them excellent for price and service (all mail order, they are several hundred miles away from home). They have become one of my top three shops for model railway stuff.

• Like 2