Diesel Hydraulics a colour retrospective

Not Jeremy

• RMweb Gold

Advanced printed copies coming out from the printers next week, after which we should be able to give a likely delivery date.

The book contains 5 images from Wales, 3 of sheds in South Wales, 1 in West Wales and one in North Wales(!)

I'm afraid I'm unable to supply into Europe given the EU's new VAT regulations, I am currently looking in to possible solutions to this problem.

Simon

• Like 3
  • Friendly/supportive 2

• 1 month later...
  • RMweb Gold

The books have been printed and are in transit. There is no date given as yet for delivery, but as Kevin says the likely date is October, I am hopeful of this being the early part of the month.

There was a slight delay as we were keen to ensure the pictures were all as well reproduced as possible.

Interest in this book is keen and I do not think that anyone will be disappointed when they see it.

I attach a snap of one of my own favourite views from the book, a shot of Bath by Russell Leitch in Andrew's collection.

Thank you all for your patience!

Simon

Bath Avon.jpg

• Like 9
  • Thanks 4
  • Round of applause 2

• 1 month later...
  • RMweb Gold

Thank you very much to everyone who has ordered Andrew's new book and apologies for the continuing delay, all rather frustrating.

However, I have just been told by my supplier to expect delivery of the books on the 24th October. Hopefully they will arrive here in Bath on that day.

As soon as they are in stock, we will be working hard to send out all of your orders.  Andrew has volunteered to pitch in as well, so customers might even get a note from the author with their books....

I leave you with a chapter heading page to give you a feel of what to expect.

BoA family.jpg

• Like 19

• RMweb Premium
On 15/07/2021 at 16:07, Not Jeremy said:

I'm afraid I'm unable to supply into Europe given the EU's new VAT regulations, I am currently looking in to possible solutions to this problem.

Simon

In the end I pre-ordered from the Book Depository as they have no problems shipping to the EU.

• Informative/Useful 1

• RMweb Gold

A slight update, apparently the 24th is the date the books arrive on these hallowed shores. They will then need to make their way to me here in Bath and I'm not currently clear how long that will take. I will update this thread when I know..

In the meantime, here's another image from inside.....

Gawd, at this rate I'll have given it all away and nobody will need the book!!

Western Extractor.jpg

• Like 11
  • Funny 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • RMweb Gold

The books have arrived and are now being distributed to all businesses and people that have ordered them.

I am happy to say that Parksons (the printers) have done all Andrew's work full justice and we are both very pleased with the resulting book.

It will now take a few days to get all of the orders out to everybody, thank you all for your patience.

If you want to actually see a copy then Book Law should today have stocks and Bill Hudson books should get theirs tomorrow, James (Bill Hudson Books) is attending the Burton Railway Collectors Fair this weekend and will have the book with him. My wholesaler's copies went out today so many other booksellers will also have copies very shortly.

Simon

Edited by Not Jeremy
apostrophe
  • Like 6
  • Craftsmanship/clever 1

Received my copy Wednesday but didn't have chance to open until last night.

Absolutely top draw, especially the spread of previously unseen locations.

Enclosed card from Andrew and postcard were an unexpected bonus. 

Thoroughly recommended.   

No links with Andrew or Not Jeremy other than as a very satisfied customer.

Brian.

Edited by brainh
  • Like 2

• RMweb Gold

Thank you very much Brian, it is really good to get feedback and we are really pleased that you like the book.

Andrew came in again this morning to help with packing, quite apart from anything else he definitely gets the award for the neatest addressing of packages!

It is going pretty well so far....

Simon

• Like 2
  • Agree 1

• RMweb Gold
2 hours ago, Tim Dubya said:

Printed in Mumbai, is that in Yorkshire?

Brilliant book, I blame everyone on here for making me buy a book about Diseasels!

A nice smattering of class 22's too, which is nice.

Cheers Simon :good:

Forget ye not that some very nice looking diseasal hydraulic machines were a regular part of the scene at 71G at one time - just in case you didn't know ;)

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

• RMweb Gold

My copy arrived yesterday and it is a truly magnificent collection of of excellently reproduced photos with colour schemes to suit everybody.   As ever I do have one or two minor quibbles when it comes to a couple of location names in the captions - see note below.  But on the other hand it is great to see a location identified as White Waltham when it really is White Waltham, something which is all too often erroneous. 

Now these are very minor quibbles within the overall quality and historical value of the book and I know (from bitter personal experience) that placing the location of, and sometimes dating,  photos can be extremely difficult. But I did notice a couple where things don't appear to be quite right.  Moreton, later Moreton-On-Lugg,  was on the North & West; the location named as 'Moreton Sidings' was actually - in the WTT and Sectional Appendix, and on the signal box name plate -  Moreton Cutting and the yard there was Moreton Cutting Yard (not 'sidings' - as it had been a busy marshalling yard).  Clearly so named to distinguish it from the other 'Moretons' on the GWR'.  Incidentally the photos in that vicinity must have been taken after May 1965 as semaphore signals remained in use until then.

The brilliant shot of a 'Warship' on the Up Main Line taken from a train on the Up Relief is one I can't make fit with anywhere near Slough and the angle of the sun is wrong for that area.  Overall it looks very much like the lineside just west of Ruscombe and the ATC ramps also for that location. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Informative/Useful 4

• RMweb Gold
20 minutes ago, The Stationmaster said:

My copy arrived yesterday and it is a truly magnificent collection of of excellently reproduced photos with colour schemes to suit everybody. 

Most informative Mike, a very helpful review.

My resolve is weakening...

• Thanks 1
  • Friendly/supportive 1

• RMweb Gold
41 minutes ago, robertcwp said:

I'm still working my way through my copy. It's a very good book and my coaching stock group even receives a plug in the introduction.

I particularly like the Bristolian shot showing chocolate and cream Mark 1 stock with B4 bogies.

Fondly remembered as 1A98 TM-Paddington in the early 1960’s.Seen many times when I should have been at the top of Park Street in the University library 

• Friendly/supportive 1