LSWR BUFFER STOPS

N15class

Hi all,

I'm in need of some help, some years ago there was a drawing in the Constructor, for an LSWR buffer stop, rail built, with wooden plank and two raised planks in the buffer position. Now I built a few in 4mm. Over the years I lost the file from the computer, and the magazine's were passed on when I left the UK.

I'm hoping someone somewhere will have a copy they could possibly scan and send to me or at worst let me know the issue it was in.

Thanks in advance for your help.

Peter.

13 hours ago, adriank said:

There was a 1:76 drawing of the type of buffer stop you describe by Frank Crudass in the June 1970 Railway Modeller with notes on its construction. Would you like me to scan it for you?

Adrian

Adrian 

That would be great. I did like that style, I need 4 for my layout I would like 3 of this and one of a lighter style I have a drawing for. 

I will pm you with my email address.

Many thanks Peter

4 hours ago, Wickham Green too said:

Ask nicely and I'm sure Lanarkshire will do them for you ! : http://www.lanarkshiremodels.com/lanarkshiremodelsandsupplieswebsite_029.htm

2 hours ago, jonhall said:

I've used the Ragstone models LSWR types on Hamworthy

Jon

Thanks for the input, I have seen the Ragstone ones, but not the Lanarkshire ones which I will look at. 

The trouble is twofold, one I want to make them, and secondly, if I bought some it could be three or four months before they arrived. 

• Friendly/supportive 1

• 1 month later...
  • RMweb Premium

Hi there,

I got my LSWR stops (Mike's Models) from Holt Model Railways.  They don't appear to have a web site anymore, but Google informs me that their telephone number is 01792 232264.

Cheers

• 2 months later...
On 10/07/2021 at 03:14, N15class said:

..... some years ago there was a drawing in the Constructor, for an LSWR buffer stop, .....

Leafing through the late Len Tavender's 'Railway Equipment Drawings', I found his rendition of the 'LSWR type buffer stop' drawn in May 1985 - I wonder if this was the one that appeared in the Constructor ??!?

• 4 months later...