H & BR breakdown crane

Hi all, I am modelling the H & B R breakdown train in 1/24 scale using Thomas G gauge stuff. I have done the riding van and tool van using Spiteful brake van chassis and the match truck will be done with a troublesome truck one.

For the actual 10 ton crane I will scratch build the 6 wheel chassis myself.

I have  got a lot of general hand crane images from Google but no actual photos of the H & B R crane. Can anyone help please? Steve Manners.

15 hours ago, steve manners said:

Hi all, I am modelling the H & B R breakdown train in 1/24 scale using Thomas G gauge stuff. I have done the riding van and tool van using Spiteful brake van chassis and the match truck will be done with a troublesome truck one.

For the actual 10 ton crane I will scratch build the 6 wheel chassis myself.

I have  got a lot of general hand crane images from Google but no actual photos of the H & B R crane. Can anyone help please? Steve Manners.

G3 No149 2530 Tool Vans.jpg

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Hi, here's a photo of my H&B breakdown train. Still under construction at Stepney station which needs chimneys and a few other bits. G gauge 1/24 th "ish".

It's part of my toy trainset the Hull, Barnsley and North eastern Heritage Railway. The signal box is gone so I have based it on old photos, the other buildings are toytown versions of existing buildings in the area near Stepney Station on Beverley Road, Hull. I have been using Foamex, a mix of white, black  sheets and others printed with brick and tile patterns. I tried the scribing method for brickwork but it takes too long for me, then you still have to paint it. My method is like giant Superquick card models you get in OO and N gauge. I use Jacksons miniatures 1/24 windows, they are brilliant.

1568607987_P1000412(2).JPG.ce4d095491d4d1884694e228b42400d2.JPG949492192_P1000413(2).JPG.dac173eda132f9da809947ed4e845ec6.JPG

P1000423 (2).JPG

P1000421 (2).JPG

P1010597 (2).JPG

P1000420 (2).JPG

• Like 4