Disappearing Post

I recently posted a reply to a post by @Londontram regarding the LNWR Problem Class, and I was puzzled to find that I had apparently created a parallel posting, as there were then two threads simultaneously present. I assumed that I had posted at exactly the same time as another respondent, causing this duplication. My version of the post had the little star in the left corer, but ghosted, whatever that might mean. I could quite understand how, in the circumstances, my post might then have disappeared into the ether, but I was surprised to find that @Londontram had reacted to my post,  but when I clicked on the notification I got this screen

image.png.46db7cc1affbeb2be27380dc536c5888.png

I'm not bothered about my words of wisdom disappearing, others came up with the same answer, I'm just curious to now what might have happened.

• Moderators

There was duplicate topic created by the OP to which you replied and later subsequently hidden by the OP. The parallel topic is here Nick - 

Yeah sorry Nick my fault mate, don't know how it happened but I did read it before it went so thanks for the response once again the wealth of knowledge on this site alway astounds me.

Thanks to Andy for sorting it.

Steve

• Thanks 2