Rapido HO Horizons

Hi all, having to take a break for 13 months due to the covid interruption lm a little behind on some releases, think I may have missed some and one being the rapido horizons , I only see Dinettes for sale I have seen some coaches but not for me at $240 each , have they all been released now in coach form including the California cars? , It can work both ways as I thought I’d missed the rapido flexflo but found some half price last week,,,,

1 hour ago, Lovemymodelling said:

Hi all, having to take a break for 13 months due to the covid interruption lm a little behind on some releases, think I may have missed some and one being the rapido horizons , I only see Dinettes for sale I have seen some coaches but not for me at $240 each , have they all been released now in coach form including the California cars? , It can work both ways as I thought I’d missed the rapido flexflo but found some half price last week,,,,

The HO Horizons arrived back around January, and were sold out at Rapido on arrival from the factory.

All paint schemes arrived at the same time, including Amtrak California.

When searching be aware that the Horizons are also coming in N scale, so be sure what you are buying as you search (the N scale Horizons are due to arrive around September).

Freight cars can tend to be easier to find at dealers as their lower cost and higher popularity means dealers tend to be willing to order extras.

• Thanks 1

At some point Rapido will do another run of Horizon cars, though the timing is unknown (it could be a couple of years, lots of years, or in 5 months - it all depends on when Rapido thinks there will be sufficient demand - putting in a request for a new run with Rapido can help that decision).

So depending on how badly you need them an option will be to try and wait - and the Amtrak California scheme is going to be popular with Athearn having announced the Surfliner cars and indicated that the California cars will come in the future.

(and related to that, watch Athearn's announcements as a new run of the F59PHI is expected to be announced in the next several months to go with their just announced Surfliner cars if that interests you)

20 minutes ago, mdvle said:

At some point Rapido will do another run of Horizon cars, though the timing is unknown (it could be a couple of years, lots of years, or in 5 months - it all depends on when Rapido thinks there will be sufficient demand - putting in a request for a new run with Rapido can help that decision).

So depending on how badly you need them an option will be to try and wait - and the Amtrak California scheme is going to be popular with Athearn having announced the Surfliner cars and indicated that the California cars will come in the future.

(and related to that, watch Athearn's announcements as a new run of the F59PHI is expected to be announced in the next several months to go with their just announced Surfliner cars if that interests you)

Many thanks for your help, I might get one of the dinettes to keep my appetite and await another run, your news pages are always excellent for Rapido releases, in also keeping an eye on a UK bus release that I used to  Drive for many years in Birmingham I believe Jason is a big fan of , 

33 minutes ago, nathan70000 said:

If you desperately need Horizon cars, Walthers are also doing them and I believe you can order them in the UK from Gaugemaster.

Yes I saw them , I had some of them about 13 years ago would be interested to see how i

proved they are , ive ordered a Rapido Dinette now in the hope there will be a re run soon, no rush ive not even started base board construction yet, again when you mention Walthers I could run my horizon sandwiched between some Amfleets