New layout advice

What can I say. When I first posted I never expected a custom drawn layout. Thank you so much for all your input, and everyone else's comments. I am overwhelmed. It suits the area I have so well and I look forward to the build. I have to finish clearing room first but will post photos as I go.

This may be some time as I expect to do this in the Autumn.

I feel I must owe you something?

All the best, Dave

• Like 1
  • Friendly/supportive 2

Excellent and very workable design with everything in easy reach. I can just see a Mogul hauling 3 main line coaches or a Small Prairie or larger Pannier hauling a B set.

Not overly complicated baseboard construction either. If the fiddle yard workspace is at normal baseboard height, it would be easy enough to have a roll away modelling bench underneath it. Make sure the castors have brakes!

Cheers

David

• Like 4

• RMweb Gold
On 19/07/2021 at 10:31, David Carpenter said:

What can I say. When I first posted I never expected a custom drawn layout. Thank you so much for all your input, and everyone else's comments. I am overwhelmed. It suits the area I have so well and I look forward to the build. I have to finish clearing room first but will post photos as I go.

This may be some time as I expect to do this in the Autumn.

I feel I must owe you something?

All the best, Dave

My pleasure!

I've updated the drawing slightly and added it to my Album here: 

• Like 2

• RMweb Gold
On 16/07/2021 at 20:05, Flying Pig said:

If you have a spare moment and nothing beter to do, Phil, I can't help feeling that the plan might work better with the sidings on the inside, if the OP could live with the platforms being at least partly curved.  Effectively the same station but rotated 180°.  

Hi Simon,

I haven’t tried yet but I have the feeling it would be quite difficult because there’s less room on the inside and less opportunity for pointwork to spring off inside the curves, especially where the radii are already minimal.

• Agree 1