Bronteworth - Present day Aire Valley with a preservation centre

AndrewB7585

My layout is based on my local railway - the Aire Valley line. It’s a tail chaser around the edge of the attic which I also have to share with the children (it is their bedroom!). The shape of the base boards has been determined by the need to fit around the various existing furniture and fittings in the room. This leaves me with a double track mainline with a scale length of approximately three quarters of a mile.  The name comes from the observation that most businesses in this area either fit the words Bronte or Worth into their names somehow. As we are quite near Keighley there’s a preservation site represented which may or may not be a thinly disguised excuse to run any loco that doesn’t quite fit in with the time period and location being modelled. 

I’m trying to represent the trains I see every day which so far means 3 class 66 and the Hitachi test train form the backbone of the fleet. I’m also in the process of constructing Northern EMUs to represent the bulk of the trains in this area (see separate post for more on those).

I’ll add a couple of photos for now then put up other posts looking at the various areas of the layout. 

054FB871-9F5F-4B88-BFA6-40BB7C4DBC38.jpeg

6BC0604B-0EE9-47E0-AC64-20FBFB1396AB.jpeg

2DDF1A8A-9EFE-48FF-BA55-573208BE3BE3.jpeg

• Like 2

This is the Network Rail yard on Bronteworth. The double deck portacabin is a 3D print while the single story office containers are Scale Model Scenery kits. I’ve detailed their interiors and I’m planning to add lighting. I printed the notices myself after photographing the real thing at NR Skipton. The yard has a selection of the items that tend to be found in these yards including equipment for maintaining the railway and rubbish that stuff have removed from the line side. There’s still move to do in this area but I’m fairly happy with progress so far

65969AE1-B2D6-4FF7-8529-176A05878D39.jpeg

9C5380A5-F7EA-4351-822D-6895BFB8EC92.jpeg