Dapol N gauge 59 out of abeyance

Paul.Uni

• RMweb Premium

Wow, what is this.... Dapol have remembered that they do do [new tooled] N gauge models :haha: !

Frankly I’m far more interested in where the mk3 sleepers have gotten to, for which I’ve already paid a deposit on the KMS exclusives.... :nea:!

Edited by JR_P

8 minutes ago, njee20 said:

Bit harsh - Dapol have done plenty of re-runs/new liveries lately, plus we've had the 50 and the 68 in the last few years. 

Yep, and the prototype HST as well as the class 142 and 33s before that. Plus they're working on a retooled SR tank loco (M7?).

Edited by grahame
  • Like 2
  • Agree 1

• RMweb Premium
9 hours ago, grahame said:

Yep, and the prototype HST as well as the class 142 and 33s before that. Plus they're working on a retooled SR tank loco (M7?).

It is the M7

• RMweb Premium

Whilst I would like one, I don't think they ever ventured north of the Scottish border but there is always rule 1...

The depressing thing has been on social media in response to the news, the number of people asking what does 'abeyance' mean.  I despair.....

• Agree 1

46 minutes ago, John M Upton said:

The depressing thing has been on social media in response to the news, the number of people asking what does 'abeyance' mean.  I despair.....

Depressing? Really??

It's not the end of the world if a lot people don't know the meaning of a word. The word "abeyance" isn't a commonly used word. The first time I myself heard it was when Dapol used it (a few years ago). A lot of people in the UK still mix up  the spellings of "dose" and "does". I've seen does spelt incorrectly (dose) a lot on rmweb and many other online forums and facebook groups for the hobby. Does that also depress you?

There's far more serious things in this world at the moment to be depressed about other than people not knowing the meaning of a word.

• Agree 1
  • Round of applause 1

• RMweb Gold
11 hours ago, John M Upton said:

Personally, I don’t find it depressing that there are people who don’t know the meaning of “abeyance”. As @MGR Hooper! quite rightly points out, it simply isn’t a commonly used word. What is slightly disappointing to me is the fact that people would rather advertise their ignorance of a word in this way than look up the meaning themselves. It would take just a few seconds to do so using the device with which they were already accessing “social media”. Or, for people of my vintage, there’s the dictionary. 

Edited by Western Aviator
  • Like 2

• RMweb Premium

I mean... great, but now what do I do with my Franken-66! That may as well become something else! Starting to take it personally with the number of my projects that get picked up! I may start taking requests...

That does now mean I 'need' three though!

• Like 1

6 hours ago, MGR Hooper! said:

A lot of people in the UK still mix up  the spellings of "dose" and "does". I've seen does spelt incorrectly (dose) a lot on rmweb and many other online forums and facebook groups for the hobby.

Same goes for "there", "their" and "they're".

;-)

• Agree 3

15 hours ago, MGR Hooper! said:

I wonder if it will have the correct rectangular buffers. And if not, how many people will be ready to moan and rubbish the model.

Its Dapol.  There will be a queue of people on RMWeb lining up to rubbish it even if everything is perfection....

Les

• Agree 2

• RMweb Gold

Accepting this is an early CAD, there are a few of areas of concern:

The first is the number of bodyside corrugations, which is 19 on the CAD but only 17 on the prototype.

The second:

59.jpg.96ebf1adf0c08dff7bd47236f28394d8.jpg

Don't do it Dapol, Its 2021 not 2001! They're not needed on the 66 so they're not needed here either!

The third is the missing beading below the cab doors:

592.jpg.ac6a5204d05e0127d5b07d5ca3f04c05.jpg

On every photo of the prototypes I can find, this beading does not stop before the door on either end/side. 

Other than that, promising start. 

Tom. 

Edited by TomE
  • Like 1
  • Agree 2

15 hours ago, Les1952 said:

Its Dapol.  There will be a queue of people on RMWeb lining up to rubbish it even if everything is perfection....

Les

If they ever do reach that level we will have to see. Most of the problems seem to be shoddy liveries and numbering on another wise good model. This does not apply to the 142 where the model is iffy but with a nice paint job.

• Agree 2

On 18/07/2021 at 13:54, Bomag said:

If they ever do reach that level we will have to see. Most of the problems seem to be shoddy liveries and numbering on another wise good model. This does not apply to the 142 where the model is iffy but with a nice paint job.

I rest my case...

• Agree 2