I apologise for the additional advertising intrusion on tablets. I am trying to get the relevant parties to fix the situation. ×

Dapol N gauge 59 out of abeyance

Paul.Uni

I suspect both Revolution and Dapol will sell models:

• Revolution's model is due Q2 2022, with Dapol's set to follow in Q3 or Q4. Revolution's will be all sold by the time Dapol's arrive in the shops.
  • Only a handful of shops stock Revolution Trains' models
  • There's not much overlap in running numbers & liveries - anyone modelling the Merehead area can justify models from both manufacturers.

Duplication hasn't stopped Bachmann or Dapol re-running class 66s.

Steven B.

• Like 1
  • Agree 3

10 hours ago, Suffolk Rob said:

I don't see a problem for Revolution with the duplication- their focus is facilitating the 59 rather than business profit.

I suspect the idea that Revolution is not pursuing a business profit will come as news to the guys running Revolution.

• Like 1
  • Agree 1
  • Funny 2

10 hours ago, mdvle said:

I suspect the idea that Revolution is not pursuing a business profit will come as news to the guys running Revolution.

My understanding from when Ben & Mike set up revolution was that they were specifically looking to facilitate models that might not be attractive to mainstream manufacturers and their pre-ordering/crowdfunding approach was to ensure they could cover the cost of research, tooling & delivery.

Accept that may have changed which is their business rather than mine. Important thing to me as a customer is that they deliver very good models at very reasonable prices

• Agree 1

On 11/08/2021 at 07:30, Steven B said:

Duplication hasn't stopped Bachmann or Dapol re-running class 66s.

There's 450 CL66 loco's kicking around. I've got 16 and plan on getting more (GBRF BR livery, and Freightliner G&W livery come to mind).

They're the modern day equivalent of the CL47 & CL37, you can never have too many :D

John P

• RMweb Gold

I'd love to see another manufacturer produce a 37 or 47 in N, as Farish releases are so few and far-between (and have a short shelf-life).  I know it's duplication but there are so many possibilities to keep manufacturers going for years.

• Like 1

On 12/08/2021 at 15:43, Captain Electra said:

I'd love to see another manufacturer produce a 37 or 47 in N, as Farish releases are so few and far-between (and have a short shelf-life).  I know it's duplication but there are so many possibilities to keep manufacturers going for years.

I already suggested the 47 to Dapol.. They were not keen on the idea.

cheers

Mark

On 12/08/2021 at 15:43, Captain Electra said:

Yep, it is duplication, so to some extent the market will, at least, be partially sated and reduce the potential. And, no doubt, in the lengthy time to get newly tooled models developed and to market these days, Farish could easily produce a few batches in the meantime. Probably a bit too much of a commercial risk and gamble. No wonder Dapol weren't keen on the idea.