New Tornado Later This Year.

DonnyRailMan

3 hours ago, Hilux5972 said:

It’s the Railroad plus version which has enhanced livery, meaning fully lined out instead of only the boiler being fully lined. 

Cheers  Hilux for info. Well that will be the 3rd in the colour I have two different brunswick green one with first crest & one with later crest. This is the R 3098 Special Edition with the Brass Etched Name Plates, but no glazed window in cab.

2021-07-13 12.36.40.jpg

Edited by DonnyRailMan
Foot photo

2 hours ago, DonnyRailMan said:

Cheers  Hilux for info. Well that will be the 3rd in the colour I have two different brunswick green one with first crest & one with later crest. This is the R 3098 Special Edition with the Brass Etched Name Plates, but no glazed window in cab.

2021-07-13 12.36.40.jpg

FYI Donny,  the latest incarnation will have cab glazing as has been the case since the blue variant release.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

12 hours ago, Butler Henderson said:

And its annoying, or rather beyond a joke, that Hornbys Spares are so inept that there is seemingly no chance of anyone with an earlier one of getting a set of the cab glazing.

Yeah that as always peed me off about Hornby. I wanted to glaze the cab of my Blue none TTS Tornado that  had enhanced livery and was a Railways model not Railroad.

Edited by DonnyRailMan

15 hours ago, Butler Henderson said:

And its annoying, or rather beyond a joke, that Hornbys Spares are so inept that there is seemingly no chance of anyone with an earlier one of getting a set of the cab glazing.

The glazing has never been a spare for the A1. You can't blame the Spares department for not being able to get something. Blame whoever decided it isn't a spare!

• Agree 2

https://www.hattons.co.uk › StockD...

Deluxe Materials AD-55 Glue 'N' Glaze - For Glazing & Bonding ... - www.hattons.co.uk

3 hours ago, DonnyRailMan said:

Yeah that as always peed me off about Hornby. I wanted to glaze the cab of my Blue none TTS Tornado that  had enhanced livery and was a Railways model not Railroad.

https://www.hattons.co.uk › StockD...
Deluxe Materials AD-55 Glue 'N' Glaze - For Glazing & Bonding ... - www.hattons.co.uk.

This product may be of some use to you and is pretty good in providing realistic windows for loco cabs.

Edited by Black 5 Bear
  • Thanks 1

8 hours ago, Fireline said:

The glazing has never been a spare for the A1. You can't blame the Spares department for not being able to get something. Blame whoever decided it isn't a spare!

If Heljan can do it why not the red box lot, not just this but all those bits and pieces that too easily break or fall off because not enough glue has been used

• Agree 3

12 hours ago, Butler Henderson said:

If Heljan can do it why not the red box lot, not just this but all those bits and pieces that too easily break or fall off because not enough glue has been used

Hornby and their provision of spares are a complete misnomer. 

I seem to remember there being mention of a push by Hornby to provide a comprehensive list of spare parts a few years back. This unfortunately came to nothing and appears to have been quietly buried.

Edited by Black 5 Bear