Contacting Locomotion Models

Railsnail

I have tried phoning Locomotion Models a few times today to ask about when an order for a loco made at the weekend will be dispatched, however, I get a recorded announcement  requesting I leave a number so that someone can call me back. I am wondering if the museum is closed or only opened part time due to Covid as I haven't yet had a follow-up.  Does anyone know how quickly the folk at  LM usually follow up?

Thanks in advance

Chris

Not certain of the latest status, but it has been mentioned before that the staff are often stretched, multi-tasking between the shop, museum, other duties.

Others may have a better idea.

If you have already telephoned / emailed, I would follow their own advice, for a couple of days anyway.

Al.

• Moderators
1 hour ago, Railsnail said:

I get a recorded announcement  requesting I leave a number so that someone can call me back.

Yup, that's what answerphones are for. The stores and packing area are away from the office area and the process is largely in the hands of one (very busy) person; they're working as fast as they can and will be in touch as soon as they can either as a reply to your message or notification of the despatch of the order.

PS; it's only Tuesday.

Thanks for the replies. I have never visited the museum so I am unaware of staffing levels etc. 

I'm sorry if I sounded impatient, I'm just asking so that I can plan to receive an expensive order that may get left on my doorstep due to delivery drivers leaving things outside, ringing the doorbell, then driving off without checking that items have been taken in. (Amazon take note!).

If I know when something may be dispatched, then I can plan accordingly thus the attempt to speak to someone.

• Friendly/supportive 2

• RMweb Gold

Why not pm Locomotion No.3 if you are having a difficulty?  A problem I’ve recently had with an order was quickly sorted that way. If yours is an online order,you will receive an email from the carrier ( in my case DPD) giving you the delivery time slot. These are difficult times and patience is required.

Edited by Ian Hargrave
Adding text

Thanks for taking the time to reply Ian... As I tried to explain it is not a patience issue, I just wanted to ask someone at Locomotion when dispatch would take place as I wanted to ensure I would be at home to receive my model, having previously had items stolen from my doorstep when left by delivery drivers while I was out!

As a new forum member I presume Locomotion No.3 is also a forum member who frequents this forum? 

As it happens, I didn't receive a call back from my answerphone message, however I did receive an email from UPS with a delivery day, and I was at home to receive it. So all is well that ended well and thanks to the obviously pressured staff at Locomotion and those who replied to my initial question on this forum.

I now look forward to some sort of post-Covid  'normality'  when I can travel up to Shildon and experience the real thing for myself. 

• Like 1
  • Friendly/supportive 2

• RMweb Gold

My Wainwright D duly arrived this morning.Thanks to Dennis,Brian and Stuart for sorting a very human glitch in my order. As one who was in at the beginning in October 2019 and who had the privilege of an invitation to the product launch at the NRM which included an opportunity of a footplate visit ,I could not be more delighted with what currently I’m gazing at from a side view perspective. This reveals the engineering beauty and elegance of its prototype from buffer beam to tender.I particularly admire the  imperious statement of chimney and smokebox and the daylight under the boiler as viewed. It declares is credentials as a thoroughbred example of classic locomotive engineering of its era faithfully reproduced in 4mm scale. And all its bits are present with no buffers etc. floating around in the box btw. .We have waited a long time for a model of one of these.IMHO it doesn’t disappoint .

• Like 2