Hornby / Jouef 241P HJ2344 Help with Tender Body Removal

Bigskybirds

• RMweb Premium

Hello

I have just purchased a new (2016) Jouef 241P Locomotive HJ2344. It is DCC ready and there is an enclosed parts sheet that shows the decoder located in the tender, but it does not say how to remove the tender body. I have contacted Hornby and they have no idea so I hope there is a member of this forum that can advise how to remove the tender body to fit the 21 pin decoder.

Thank you in advance.

Kevin

Hi Kevin,

Very poor of Hornby to have no idea how to open their own products... My last interaction with Hornby for an international product was regarding TGV spares and ended with a "we'll get back to you" (they didn't).

The images in the first couple of posts of this page might give you some clues, it would seem the tender body is attached by two clips on each side and then presumably lifts off once these have been freed. I think one of the 141s at the club is a Jouef model (amongst the excellent REE locomotives), I'll take a look for you tonight.

Alan

• RMweb Premium

Thank you so much for replying Alan.

I eased the sides of the tender outwards and after a bit of Jiggling it lifted off. The image on the link you sent me helped me see the wood for the trees.

If it helps anyone else the decoder socket is underneath the coal bay and that can be removed without completely removing the tender body. It is held on by four tiny clips and lifts upwards. I am glad I removed the tender body because it needed lubrication.

Kevin

Edited by Bigskybirds
  • Like 1