Revolution’s N Gauge ‘teasers’ for future models

Never mind re-using the 128 chassis, I would like them to re-use the 128 chassis for a 128 in the "Red Star" livery, think Revolution have missed a trick there, the amount of times my finger has hovered over the  buy button for a 128, but it's the "Red Star" livery that I really want for my period.

JP

• Like 3

• RMweb Premium
2 hours ago, LNERJP said:

Never mind re-using the 128 chassis, I would like them to re-use the 128 chassis for a 128 in the "Red Star" livery, think Revolution have missed a trick there, the amount of times my finger has hovered over the  buy button for a 128, but it's the "Red Star" livery that I really want for my period.

JP

Sounds like a job for @Captain Electra

• Like 1

• RMweb Premium
4 hours ago, LNERJP said:

Wasn't that the one that didn't sell well when Heljan released their rendition in OO?

Could be why it isn't in the initial release...

• Agree 1

16 hours ago, LNERJP said:

JP

I'd like one of them as well, just because......well just because I like the livery.

But think this is more likely to be a Retailer Commission, so really need to be tapping up any Retailers you know who wish to invest some money into a project.

Cheers

Neal

• Agree 1

• RMweb Premium
5 hours ago, Vonzack said:

I'd love to see a class 91 and Mk4's done with modern tooling, such a shame that the Cavalex project didn't go ahead.

Slightly OT, but I would love a 91 and mk4s too.... I don’t think Cavalex ever formally abandoned this project in N gauge, but it is not on their website anymore.... real shame, especially since they’d already done the R&D work - might be a real opportunity missed, since at some point soon the 91 and mk4s won’t be operated together any more and/or some/most/all of the 91s and mk4s will be scrapped.... sad times - one of my all time favourite trains....

Anyway, back on thread - I’d take a few K class Pullmans to go with my Farish 1960 Met-Cam Pullmans.

Edited by JR_P
  • Like 1

• 5 weeks later...
  • RMweb Gold
4 hours ago, RichSt said:

Eventually leading to a Revolution HST set!

I never could bring myself to buy the old Farish HST with its printed lights, but the Dapol power cars aren’t too bad are they?  I am pretty happy with mine....

cheers

• Like 4
  • Agree 2

• RMweb Gold
On 21/07/2021 at 22:14, Davexoc said:

Wasn't that the one that didn't sell well when Heljan released their rendition in OO?

Could be why it isn't in the initial release...

Probably because the colours were hopelessly wrong on their Red Star version. I would be most surprised if one of the usual suspect retailers has not bagged it for an exclusive...

19 minutes ago, BernardTPM said:

The differences between Mk.2B and 2C aren't that great, not forgetting that there are effectively two types of Mk.2C.

Yup, unfortunately however the different vent types on the roof are quite noticeable.

As said, here's hoping

es grüßt

pc 

On 26/08/2021 at 21:32, BernardTPM said:

The differences between Mk.2B and 2C aren't that great, not forgetting that there are effectively two types of Mk.2C.

Introducing a 'staple' like the MK2B/C would be quite something. A more realistic approach than Farish in terms of availability/frequency of release of their MK1/MK2A TSOs that a lot of people need and can't get hold of would be welcome though. Whilst blue/grey would be the real 'staple', other liveries that spring to mind for my era would be InterCity (original lettering), INTERCITY (swallow), INTERCITY charter (white roof), NSE and Regional Railways - including the odd one or two that were painted to the InterCity livery template and always stood out in a regular RR rake.

6 hours ago, 47475 said:

Introducing a 'staple' like the MK2B/C would be quite something. A more realistic approach than Farish in terms of availability/frequency of release of their MK1/MK2A TSOs that a lot of people need and can't get hold of would be welcome though. Whilst blue/grey would be the real 'staple', other liveries that spring to mind for my era would be InterCity (original lettering), INTERCITY (swallow), INTERCITY charter (white roof), NSE and Regional Railways - including the odd one or two that were painted to the InterCity livery template and always stood out in a regular RR rake.

Not for me to say possibly, but I doubt RevolutioN's approach to any new projects would change in that assuming crowdfunded as everything has been up to now, there would be a dependency on meeting a minimum order quantity (possibly encouraged by an "early bird" price then a batch to meet that demand produced with some on top (at a higher retail price) for retailers. Then once that demand is satisfied, the tooling is rested for a few years as with Class B tanks and Pendos. I don't think we will ever get back to having constant availability in the way we once did.                              

On the subject of wish lists, I don't think much will top the already mentioned first gen suburban DMU especially a 117, simply on the basis of the eras it would cover and the range of livery options - truly one to meet a diverse demand from about 1960 to what the mid to late 90s in some areas then preservation? 

Roy

• Like 3
  • Agree 1

• RMweb Premium

Revolution’s IIAs aren’t crowd funded, being available only through Rails. Other models have been promoted to production without reaching an order threshold, therefore being ‘pre-order sales’ rather than truly crowdfunded, ie the development costs are not ringfenced from purchases of the model. 

• Like 1

• RMweb Gold

Hi there,

Yes, we have used a variety of methods to bring models to market:  crowdfunding, retailer commissions, working with angel investors.

The only thing they all have in common is that they have worked!

As time has passed we have moved away from a ‘pure’ crowdfunding model, which has limitations, to something better described as a pre-order system that we are happy to explain in more depth at shows etc.

cheers

• Like 2

On 28/08/2021 at 05:03, 47475 said:

Intercity - ICE or ICS was a rarity on b/c stock 8 BFKs and 2 BSO, Plenty of variations of NSE, and Provincial. Not forgetting CIE, NIR and Israel. 

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
2 hours ago, DavidMcKenzie said:

I'm looking forward to Saturday to see what the two new models are going to be.

Hoping for a class 90 and a class 325. Whatever comes though, I am sure it will be impressive and worth saving my pennies for. 

All the best,

Dave 

I am definitely hoping for a 325, my wallet would not be though! :D

Cheers

Simon

• Funny 1

My guess is the PTA/JTA wagon as it can go with the class 59.

Also a new class 37 based on the Accurascale drawings and design - although maybe too soon as they haven't delivered on this in OO yet. The Farish one is not bad at all but no separate light control or speaker - and no 37/6 varient. 

Anyway i am usually wrong but thought I'd join in with some guesses...

Tim

• Like 1