Revolution’s N Gauge ‘teasers’ for future models

• RMweb Gold

For anyone who can’t wait and/or likes a challenge, you could try to work out what might be underneath the blanked-out panels on this mini-catalogue that Revolution will be handing out tomorrow at TINGS. This image is freely available on Revolution’s website so I’m not disclosing anything that’s not in the public domain. If I were a betting man I’d say the short title block might cover something like   “*** Wagon” or “Mk* Coach”. :wink_mini:

44814886-7B34-4771-B28D-4EF6497E9CE0.jpeg.83c27b1936a15639ad4eb6fefced4467.jpeg

And if it’s a *** wagon that goes well with the early versions of the loco pictured directly above it, that would suit me (and doubtless plenty of others) very well.

Edited by Western Aviator
  • Like 1

• 4 weeks later...
  • RMweb Premium
8 minutes ago, Revolution Mike said:

The answer was 1938 tube stock!  We've got a few more MU projects at various stages of development.

Cheers Mike

Do a 195/331 and I'm going N gauge.

I'm lying, because if Revolution do a 195/331 in N, then there's every chance it'll get done in 4mm

• Agree 1
  • Funny 1

25 minutes ago, newbryford said:

Do a 195/331 and I'm going N gauge.

I'm lying, because if Revolution do a 195/331 in N, then there's every chance it'll get done in 4mm

I'm already N Gauge but they are right up there with a CL90 for me.

Plus Revs have already worked out how to do those pesky wheelsets for the MK5's.

Regards,

John P

• Agree 2

• RMweb Gold

195/331 are likely to be around for a long time and cover quite a wide area so not a bad shout, however somewhat limited in livery options at the moment. Is there much commonality between the 195/196/197?

Personally I'd like to see the 755/3 & 4 in N. 

Tom. 

54 minutes ago, TomE said:

Personally I'd like to see the 755/3 & 4 in N. 

And with them shortly to arrive in Wales too there's more liveries to go off too. Just a different shade of red and grey!

Jo

• Like 1

• RMweb Gold
4 minutes ago, Steadfast said:

And with them shortly to arrive in Wales too there's more liveries to go off too. Just a different shade of red and grey!

Jo

I think the door & window layout is different on the TFW 756s, which seems to be par for the course these days, not much is standard anymore! 

Tom. 

• RMweb Premium
1 hour ago, woodenhead said:

A 123/124 would be nice and it sort of leads into Mk1 coaching nicely.

The only DMMUs to have Mk1 body profile and windows were, afaik, the Cravens-built units.  The 123s and 124s had a different construction, without external trussing, and a noticeably different body profile.

25720695393_c85a1f6cc2_h.jpgClass 124 Trans Pennine DMU by David Hancox, on Flickr

Edited by Flying Pig
  • Like 2

54 minutes ago, Flying Pig said:

The only DMMUs to have Mk1 body profile and windows were, afaik, the Cravens-built units.  The 123s and 124s had a different construction, without external trussing, and a noticeably different body profile.

Boooooooooooooooooh, ok so Revolution will have the blue and the grey they need to do a Mk1

• RMweb Premium
58 minutes ago, woodenhead said:

Boooooooooooooooooh, ok so Revolution will have the blue and the grey they need to do a Mk1

... long frame DMU mechanism they need to do several other interesting classes.  Not that a 4-car late 124 formation wouldn't be very appealing for its own sake.

I don't generally participate in wishlisty threads; but is there any reason why the Class 90 gets so much support and the Class 87 none at all? I'd certainly be buying a couple of 90s, if someone brought out a good one; but the 87 seems just as poorly-served in N, if not more so.

Jim

• Agree 1

24 minutes ago, Jim Martin said:

I don't generally participate in wishlisty threads; but is there any reason why the Class 90 gets so much support and the Class 87 none at all? I'd certainly be buying a couple of 90s, if someone brought out a good one; but the 87 seems just as poorly-served in N, if not more so.

Jim

Probably because it lasted long enough to get a nickname - skoda.

Or more accurately, they still run along the WCML so fit in with Pendolinos, 800s, 92s and the new emus.

The 87 was the last of the old guard and there doesn't seem to be much call for Virgin loco hauled stuff these days though I thought it was a good livery and era.  The only other BR period overhead n gauge item is the class 86 from Dapol that did see a  banger blue 86/2 as well as the later liveries / variations which an 87 would sit nicely alongside but there are no other units to go with them.  I guess that's why the 90 is slightly more popular - even the old 86 in Freightliner operated alongside the 90s

• 2 months later...